Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you Love to be a Fancy Shawl Dancer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you Love to be a Fancy Shawl Dancer?

Why do you Love Being a Fancy Shawl Dancer?

Myself, I like the energy of it and how you get to be flashy and kick it up!!
    What about you?
    Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

I like the speed and the openess to do anything with your moves. You can be as creative or Old Style as you want.

I'm getting into shape ladies adn the baby fat is coming off...SO by next year I will be 29 again...Aye... and I am gonna busta move.

FAncyFingers is going to do me another outfit so WATCH OUT...AYE!!!

Man this means I gotta start running... OH SISSY? YOU READY TO RUN UP THE TRAIL?
    Get up and get out!

Comment

Hey! Who you callin' a sissy?!!As my future snag" The Rock" says,"Just Bring it Jabronie"!!!
      (Oh man, to him I'd bring it with seconds and dessert!!!!!!)
      Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

listen to you two.....

tooter you think fancy will go running? well she did a little last week but still......

29????:):( are you kidding?:)

so your new name whirlwind dancer???:):)

and fancys new name speeddemon???:) or kickstart
        Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

fancydancing

hey girls, i cant get enough of it, its the excitement and beautyof this awlsome dance, i use tosay when my daughter was old enough to be in adults i would retire, well as ya know that didnt happen, now i have my granddaughter dancing fancy, and still cant give it up, i geuss i have to dance fancy for awhile so that i can be out there with my granddaughter:) i do need to work out thou alot, out of shape big time:( toot im glad your gonna start back, miss ya out there little sis, ya know once a fancy dancer , your always one:D
          LIVE,LOVE AND BE FREE AND RELEASE YOUR INTERSELF :)

Comment

i love fancy shawl because it has more dancing to do then round dance or straight or slide step. you can do a crow hop, shake, trick, fast n fancy or just an ordinary straight. you get into shape alot to and stay fit. its just plain energetic.
            i love to dance circles around those younger or older girls from bc.
            i'm 18 and what can i say??? oh well. have fun at your next pow-wow. to all of those other fancy dancers at powwows.com, pm me sometime soon.
            your friend always,
            Stephanie:) :)
            *Stephanie

R.I.P Alex Archie
            March 12, 1966 to May 7, 2003
            ***AIDS***
            Creator Please Help Us Find A Cure..

Comment

Oooooh Yeah!

I noticed that when I had switched from Fancy Shawl to Northern Cloth, I missed the movement of fancy shawl dancing. Although both dance styles are extremely demanding physically, I missed being able to just Jump and Kick and move and spin and use my arms!!!:p
              ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
              ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
              *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

have more fun

for me, i love dancing fancy shawl because there's a lot of creative moves i can do. i'm not restricted to certain moves and there's a lot of different songs that we fancy dancers can dance to too. it's challenging, fast, and colorful. it keeps my spirits up. whenever i'm feeling down, all i have to do is put in a powwow cd and jam to it. after at least 2 songs, i'm feeling a lot better.
                powwow_twinkle

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X