leggings/mocassins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leggings/mocassins

I've tried dancing in wraps/tall moccasins a couple of times and don't recommend it. No matter how well you think you have tied them on, they always loosen or come undone. Plus, you don't get the same ankle flexibility as you would get with separate mocs and leggings. The only way I'd wear tall moccasins for shawl dancing would be if the legging parts had enough stiffness to stand up by themselves.

leggings/mocassins

i have a question. do you have to wear mocassins and leggings or can you just wear wrap around mocassins that come up to the same hight as the leggings would?
    just adding my 2 cents and a nickle

Comment

I have tall moccasins and beleive me,the do come loose most of the time your dancing. So,I don't recommend them. :(
      V.W

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• just hangin'
        2 Questions
        by just hangin'
        Hello all,

I have 2 burning questions in mind.
        First, a question about dresses: is it better to have them tailored to fit, or just cut straight down?
        Second, about leggings: I don't want to wear my old leggings again this year, but my new ones won't be done for awhile....
        04-13-2009, 06:46 PM
      • Nashoba
        Cloth Dress Appliqued Leggings
        by Nashoba
        I am real new at Cloth dancing. I am teaching myself, b/c I don't have anyone to bring me into the circle. I didn't grow up in a traditional family,(I was adopted, but am full-blood). So, HELP....
        Anyways,I wanted to start dancing in the cloth division. So, I made my T-dress with appliques on...
        03-08-2004, 03:14 AM
      • Blackbear
        beading moc tops
        by Blackbear
        What kind of beadwork are you wanting to put on them? are you wanting the strip-like beadwork that goes all around the bottom and then either the strips on top or a rosette? Are you wanting a fully beaded pair? If you want the fully beaded, then do it on canvas and attach. The problem with beading moccasins...
        10-01-2001, 08:40 PM
      • _wuliechsin_
        Vest/Bandolier Question
        by _wuliechsin_
        I have a question about wearing bandoliers with a vest. After 8 months I am finally finished with my ribbon suit. I have a lot of respect for people who can do ribbon work. Is it apporiate to wear the bandoliers under the vest or over the vest, or do you not wear them at all? Is it dancer's perference...
        04-07-2007, 07:55 PM
      • bwhite
        Bells with holes
        by bwhite
        I need some help. I'm putting together a set of straight dance bells (nickle sleigh bells). The bells I have don't have the little loops on the backs. These just have a hole.

Anybody ever used these before? What are some of the methods you've used to attach them?

Do...
        01-13-2005, 07:42 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X