Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoke

hey
    anyone know how to make a yoke? i have no idea how to do one? and its problemly really easy!

lonewolfcrow

I didnt know either!!!

I got my Ma to help me out with mine, We pretty much just looked at some pictures, measured it out and traced out a pattern on some canvas. We put cloth over the canvas, sowed it down and did the bead work on that. I traced out my designs before hand on the cloth and Voila!!! Its da bomb!!! LOL Just go by what you say but think of your own shape for a yolk. Its perty darn easy, its the shawl and the mocs that take forever!!!
    ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
    ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
    *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

Looking at photos is very good advice. You have to know exactly what you want before you can start.. ie... vest and yoke made into one.. separate yoke.. etc.
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

thanks i will try to find some pictures

Comment

there are some pics in the gallery.

Comment

thanks whitewolf

Comment

I have discover the best way is make a practice one.
              Go the the market and get some papaer bags.
              Then use these as your practice.
              You can make all your measurements on it and everything. If you mess up, throw awayand start again.
              If you get it right, then you haev a pattern to work form and can keep for future reference.

Good Luck
              Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

thanks for the idea i will try it .

Comment

yoke

Ok here's my cheap-a$$, need a yoke in a week, project. I found a pillow case pattern from Fabricland of a butterfly, real pretty, cut it out, sewed it to some canvas, and sequined the whole pattern. Then, I sewed that to a regular vest and did a little bit of design on the front. But, f'real tho', it turned out real nice. I needed a new one for Skydome and had like a week, I guess it would work for a quick fix, but I am in the process of doing what FancyStar suggested, truss me, using paper bags leaves a lot of room for trial and error!
                  Got percap?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X