Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competition Judging?

Hello peoplez

I've gots a question. When being judged people win by points.

Can someone tell me all or what points your judged on???

Thanx

Oh ya I've been coming to Powwows.com for awhile to check out when theres powwows but i was curious to how u put pix on here. can someone tell me that also?

See ya
    Last edited by key-le-la; 01-11-2003, 01:58 PM.
    Just put on your dancing shoes and dance til sun comes up.....

Soo....You';re from Squamton hey?? I know a few punks from there.
    Think "PINK"

Comment

It depends...

You get points for Grand Entry's, Certain Intertribals, and ofcourse Competition dances.
      ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
      ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
      *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

Squamton ? *LOL* That's the first I have ever heard it referred to as that.

I like visiting Squamish once in a while, it's a nice getaway from the city. Same with Chilliwack, although that pig smell always drives me nuts when Im driving through there on my way home to the Okanagan *G*

R.

Comment

thanx

Squampton yup thats where i'm from. who do u know? if may ask. i've never been to the chilliwak pow-wow yet i don't think. when is it?

yeah i knew bout points for grand entry's and certain inter tribals, and competition dancing. I know that you get points for colors, foot work, and spins. I was just wandering if there was more that i don't know about?

oh ya pictures on here. how do u download them? can't seem to find where.

anyways thanx for ur help.

Comment

Go to the powwows.com help section! Or pm the webmaster, he can help:)

Comment

Who I know from Squamish

Hey Key :D

Well lets see here, is your granmother a Baker? I think I know her :) As well as all of your family from her side. Including your oldest cousin Victor.

So... you've never been to the Chilliwack Powwow hey?? You should come up this year, it's on the third weekend of April. Last year there was two grand entries every session. There is two ladies fancy specials and the regular contest. You should come.
              Think "PINK"

Comment

Most places have their points system done up the same. For example:
                1st place = 30 points
                2nd place = 20 points
                3rd place = 10 points
                4 th place = 5 points
                This is how some committees do their score cards.
                After competion, the judges will put you in what place they think you deserve and give these to the tabulators. Then they will in turn asses points and add all your points you've earned so far.

Example:
                Grand Entry points
                +
                Spot Checks Points
                +
                Dance Contest Points

Total Points Acheived at Pow-wow

This is how it is usually done. The highest points win the catergory!
                Hope this helps!
                Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

hey thanx Fancy star, that helps alot, i've been curious to how the judges decide. anyways.

well actually pink, i'm not with the Baker family. I'm a Gabriel/Billy, My dad is a Gabriel from Mt. Currie, and my mom her family are Billy's from here in Squamish. But I do know the Bakers.

Well I'll see if I can make it to the Chilliwack pow-wow this year, I've tried to get my mother and my family to go this year. but she says its to far for her , lol, but i'll try.

Comment

No problem! Glad I could help!
                    :)
                    Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X