designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• designs

How did you come up with a design for your outfit?
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons to smile

I had someone make my regalia for me, and asked them to make a design. It turned out great:) But to your answer, I go with something that I either like, or have an affinity for.. or something that may come to you in a dream:)

Comment

Sometimes I just get a piece of paper and sissors. Fold the paper in half and just start cutting and see if I come up with anything. Sometimes I acutually do get something that works well!! ;) :Chatter
      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Mato Winyan knows how it goes... i do the same thing.. and then jsut keep the pieces and mix and match later....
        ~*~ FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TAKE HOME UGLY SNAGS ~*~

Comment

I get designs from the strangest places......the rugs, dishes, tiles, magazines, baskets, quilts, people's clothing....like sweaters, books....especially transfer books...not necessarily Celia Totus books, but those are my favorite transfer books, beading books, calendars, etc......... You name it, I've probably found designs there too. The right side of my brain works overtime and can be quite distracting as well. Does anybody else around here go through this?

Comment

Yes!! Right brainer here!! :Wave
            "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Goot Post!

I like this one!:D *clears her thraot*
              Aye...

The first design I had was a Chinese Dragon. Its a sign of Royalty *which has to do wit my name* I interpreted into mysterious strength, kind of like, no one really knows if its real, but that it could tare $hit up if it was! AYE!

The second design I have goin is a Butterfly, which speaks for itself. I believe it has alot to do with the change goin on with me, and not only that, but like a chance to make things right for myself.

AND another design im gonna be workin on is with feathers, but Im just rippin that stuff off from my Aunty's work! *aye*

Pretty soon Im gonna be workin with a turtle design cuz thats my clan, probably put the wampum design on the border. oh la la!
              ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
              ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
              *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

I'm looking for a good star design, nothing to difficult as this will be my first shawl, i was thinking o f somehow using the star on the cherokee seal, or a traditional pattern> any suggestion's on where to find patterns and designs. and yeah i see possibilities in all kinds of things just have to make them work. Oh and whatever design i use i don't want people to be all like huh? wha?? but there has to be a big ol' star cause MorningStar is the name my father gave me at birth(not my legal name, i hate my legal name)but it is the name i most identify with.and the Stars have always had alot of meaning in my life.

K. let me know where to find good tradish. patterns and such:)
                THANX
                :35: :2: :)
                *MorningStar4

"When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced.....Live your life so, that when you die, the world cries, and you rejoice."

~*~The truest most pure form of Love....is when one sees you with their Heart....before their eyes~*~
                ~Quote from a friend~

Comment

Hehehehe, all this creativity goin on! :)

Right now, I'm working on my star design. I have been totally right brained. Very easily distracted....but got some kickin designs going on in my head (gettin some of em to paper). I have a few sets to crank out.... one is a floral set, one has geometric designs, and another star set.

Morningstar I have what you're lookin for, I think.... if you im me your email address I can send it to you.
                  SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

Designs

Usually I have somebody eles do my designs but my last couple dresses came out really crappy. Ribbon was falling off and everything. But N/Ewayz lately Ive been wanting designs that express something about me or my tradish. For example I am part Cree, and Crees are known for their floral designs, so Im getting flowers on my next dress.
                    "Our Indian life, I know, is gone forever." Waheenee Hidatsa "HAKUNA MATATA"

Comment

My designs have to just COME to me. I've mostly done outfits for other people and any input they give me really helps. But I think about them, look at all kinds of pictures, then all of a sudden, something will pop in my mind and I try to sketch it as soon as possible. I've lost some, cuz I didn't draw them right away. The end design always turns out a little different - simpler mostly. But sometimes this process can take months!!
                      ...it is what it is...

Comment

:) I picked a design that was symbolic for me. I chose a sun. Many people do stars or symbols that are representative of their tribe. do you have any idea what youare looking for.

Comment

My Designs......

my designs are the same as Mato Winyans designs i just get scissors and a pencil make circles and triangles and just start cutting every where on the paper and i can come up with different designs and some of them are pretty trippy also. i also use the colors from the rainbow like exactly every color there is. but the designs that i came up with are completely different from the ones that are shown on most dresses today. :) which is pretty cool.....
                          *Stephanie

R.I.P Alex Archie
                          March 12, 1966 to May 7, 2003
                          ***AIDS***
                          Creator Please Help Us Find A Cure..

Comment

mine hmm. well i use butterflys and flowers alot. its just me i guess. plus on my family root basket designs are butterflys and roses, so maybe dats why, but so ya. and i get my design from just pickin what colors i want a place the lil designs that i chose and place them on my outfit til i find a place where i think it looks good. and i'm attracted to white and red colors. just can't get enough of it lol.
                            Just put on your dancing shoes and dance til sun comes up.....

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose
                              My designs have to just COME to me. I've mostly done outfits for other people and any input they give me really helps. But I think about them, look at all kinds of pictures, then all of a sudden, something will pop in my mind and I try to sketch it as soon as possible. I've lost some, cuz I didn't draw them right away. The end design always turns out a little different - simpler mostly. But sometimes this process can take months!!
                              Oh my gosh.. I hear ya on this one too! My daughters new beaded set has taken 3 yrs from first beading on a design.. deciding it was not right... picking a new one.. changing it .. then thowing it all out and going with a different one.. then modifying that and nowwwwwwwwwww finally.. we have it!! :bouncy:!! :clap:

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X