Fancy Shawl Dance-How and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy Shawl Dance-How and why

What does the fancy shawl dance mean to you? How do you dance it, or what have you seen along the way:Chatter
    Last edited by Riverwoman; 02-16-2003, 02:37 PM.

I've Seen....

The Dance is learning to express yourself in a good way and expressing yourself in a creative way.... I dance it in a very peaceful way and just letting your body flow with the music... Along the way I've seen alot of gurls really extremely try their hardest to impress the judges not only at contest pow-wows but when there is specials at some pow-wows also. you know which gurls are experienced dancers and have been dancing for more then 5 years then you no which gurls still need practice....
    I've been dancing for 8 years now and i think that i have come along way and this website helps me out so much also. Alot of gurls from BC try to hard and you can see it in those dancers alot... Then their is the gurls which are good and their the gurls that please the crowd and how they dance....I like the way those gurls dance and i think that this thread is a good one........
    *Stephanie

R.I.P Alex Archie
    March 12, 1966 to May 7, 2003
    ***AIDS***
    Creator Please Help Us Find A Cure..

Comment

when i dance not only fancy shall but as in participating in tribal ceremonies i think about many things and people. like i am praying while dancing and if i feel bad then i will dance to feel good. basically just put putting every good thing into it and all that i know i can do.
      ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

pow-wow is a celebration of life.....
        fancy shawl dancing is one way to express that celebration.

Comment

Fancy Shawl Dance- How and Why

To me the dance just lets me release negative energy while getting a positive attitude about where I'm at and why I'm there. I like it because each outfit can represent something about each individual person as well as the way they dance. You can see the changes in the way they dance from when they are young and start maturing to when they don't take the dancing seriously and when they start to.
          "Our Indian life, I know, is gone forever." Waheenee Hidatsa "HAKUNA MATATA"

Comment

Its better than any ab machine or thigh master you can think of!
            *Aaaaaye*

To me, its like sweet apache said, its like praying while dancing. I dance for my Family, All the ones who have gone before, and to carry on the tradition of pow wow, the one thing that brings NDNs from all over, together.:)
            ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
            ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
            *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

nah, you just can't deny the bowflex. LOL. I agree. it is TRULY a workout.
              ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

Waaaaaait a minute, you might have a point there....*Aaaaaye*
                LOL Has anyone tried them Winsor Pilates?! Talk about a goot a$$ shapin program! LOL Frills, naw but, it iz da bomb work out *fancy shawlin*
                ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
                ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
                *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X