out of shape fancys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of shape fancys?

ok you guys!! i started practicing cuz i want to switch from cloth to fancy soon-- and i could barely get through a song!!
    how do you do it?
    what do you do to keep in shape?
    and is it just me or does your butt seem to bouce a beat behind?
    i guess i had better keep away from the cake!-- im not fat or nething theres a pic of me somewhere up here under just Turtle as the username
    any way --- HELP!

you can look at the poll from the...

You can look at the poll from the last 45 days... " I Need Help from My Fancy Shawling Sistahs created by powwowchic49...
    It explains alot of stuff on how to get into shape and different techniques used by alot of dancers........
    *Stephanie

R.I.P Alex Archie
    March 12, 1966 to May 7, 2003
    ***AIDS***
    Creator Please Help Us Find A Cure..

Comment

I have found that it helps big time if yu are able to get your cardio in shape*hehe* I try and do alteast 40 min of walk run on the treadmill three times a week, then the other two is weights. Slowly but surely it does get easier and you feel better:)

Comment

Runnin does it for me.
        Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful, hate me cuz your boyfriend thinks I am.

Comment

Might want to check the archives too... there are some posting there about this.
          ;)
          "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Oh Jeeeez can I remember waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when?! *aye* Gaaaaaaah, feelin old

I danced everynight, thats right, every single night! I DO remember when I couldnt even get through 30 seconds without stopping and coughing my face off....

I started out just doing the basic step, and spinning on the down beats, through a whole song. Once I found that I could GET THROUGH a whole song, I Started steppin back, or kicking just on the right foot for 10 counts, then switch, and switch back.

*make sure ya gotta goot sports bra if ya got a big rack goin on* Aye! Frills, it helps...

Hold your arms up through the whole song to.

I didnt start spinning til, oh lets see, maybe a month into my routine? Buy then I had gotten my feet coordinated and beat down, and I could controll my shawl as well.

Jussa few pointers,

Diet and excercise is a MUST! AND DO visit the other page "I need help from my fancy shawlin sistahs" Ive gone from good, to great because of that info. And feel free to ask us personally through PM's! You go girl!
            ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
            ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
            *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

i agree with powwow chic 49. start to dance to a song and stop when you need to. to catch a break and relax your muscles then do it some other time aiming to increase your time. there is no method that will work for everything you need to get dancin like a champ. whatever you are comfortable with will work out the best for you.
              ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

out of shape fancys

I agree with all the things said above. Great advice girlz. N/E wayz practice, practice, practice. That's all I have to say. And as I said before practice makes perfect. Oh, one more thing, try to practice everyday for as long as you can. That will really help; believe me, I couldn't do one song then I started doing this and now I can actually make it through 2 songs!!
                "Our Indian life, I know, is gone forever." Waheenee Hidatsa "HAKUNA MATATA"

Comment

probably thinking of some encouragement as you are practicing. like a future snag.
                  ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

what r u doin online??
                    Apache jump on it, jump on it, jump on it!!!!!

"Insert words of wisdom here"

Comment

oh gawd. i am being stalked.
                      ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

i can see you.........:devil hahaha!!! how can u not expect me on here. wanna meet someone???

Comment

say what?!?!?!
                          ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

nern just go to the addicts thread, last page.

Comment

er, uh, i'll try. way to steal the forum.
                              ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X