No announcement yet.

out of shape fancys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure about the women, but this is how I do it. In the off season I'll run 3 miles a day, eat whatever. I hit the gym every day as well, full body training. Now that winter is over, I'm doing 6 miles a day, in full season, I'll 10 miles a day, execpt pow-wow days. Some the leg excercises I do, lots of squats, leg press, leg curls. I used to only run 3 miles even in the summer, then a good friend and champion said run 5. I did it for a week, hit the next pow-wow and boom. Huge difference, the heat never even bothers me when I'm in top shape. I'll practice for about 30 minutes a day as well. Hope the info helps.

DanceswithLightning
    DanceswithLightning

I am the lightning that you see in the sky. Beautiful to look at, impossible to touch. If I touch you, you will never be the same.

Comment

DAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!
      I could never ever ever do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :JawDrop :JawDrop :22:

Comment

So what do you guys do for your ankles?? My ankles were pretty much shot the last time I danced.

:Angel2

Comment

A good friend of mine, womans fancy, tapes her ankles. There's not a lot you can do to strengthen them that I know of. Taping always works though. A lot of athletes do it, hockey players, basketball.
          DanceswithLightning

I am the lightning that you see in the sky. Beautiful to look at, impossible to touch. If I touch you, you will never be the same.

Comment

:Cry What do you do to get yourself motivated? All I want to do is sit on the couch and eat greasy potato chips. I swear I'm getting flabbier and flabbier everyday and its not easy after having three beautiful children(whom I blame for my wide, wide bottom).J/K I also started beading an outfit about five months ago and have barely worked on it, since. Years ago, I would be so determined when it came to powwows, now its seems that I can't get motivated- to exercise or to sew. Any suggestions would be helpful. Do you all think a cattle prod might work?

Comment

hmmmm. motivation? i think that it all depends on your love and dedication to the whole scene. yeah there are other things that you just have to jamble into your week but pow wowin' is a part for some that just doesn't get left out.
              ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X