Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet_apache_onion
    replied
    hmmmm. motivation? i think that it all depends on your love and dedication to the whole scene. yeah there are other things that you just have to jamble into your week but pow wowin' is a part for some that just doesn't get left out.

Leave a comment:

• Los
    replied
    :Cry What do you do to get yourself motivated? All I want to do is sit on the couch and eat greasy potato chips. I swear I'm getting flabbier and flabbier everyday and its not easy after having three beautiful children(whom I blame for my wide, wide bottom).J/K I also started beading an outfit about five months ago and have barely worked on it, since. Years ago, I would be so determined when it came to powwows, now its seems that I can't get motivated- to exercise or to sew. Any suggestions would be helpful. Do you all think a cattle prod might work?

Leave a comment:

• DanceswithLightning
    replied
    A good friend of mine, womans fancy, tapes her ankles. There's not a lot you can do to strengthen them that I know of. Taping always works though. A lot of athletes do it, hockey players, basketball.

Leave a comment:

• red_summit
    replied
    So what do you guys do for your ankles?? My ankles were pretty much shot the last time I danced.

:Angel2

Leave a comment:

• LumbeeTurtle
    Guest replied
    DAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!
    I could never ever ever do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :JawDrop :JawDrop :22:

Leave a comment:

• DanceswithLightning
    replied
    Not sure about the women, but this is how I do it. In the off season I'll run 3 miles a day, eat whatever. I hit the gym every day as well, full body training. Now that winter is over, I'm doing 6 miles a day, in full season, I'll 10 miles a day, execpt pow-wow days. Some the leg excercises I do, lots of squats, leg press, leg curls. I used to only run 3 miles even in the summer, then a good friend and champion said run 5. I did it for a week, hit the next pow-wow and boom. Huge difference, the heat never even bothers me when I'm in top shape. I'll practice for about 30 minutes a day as well. Hope the info helps.

DanceswithLightning

Leave a comment:

• sweet_apache_onion
    replied
    er, uh, i'll try. way to steal the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Apachedumpling
    replied
    nern just go to the addicts thread, last page.

Leave a comment:

• sweet_apache_onion
    replied
    say what?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Apachedumpling
    replied
    i can see you.........:devil hahaha!!! how can u not expect me on here. wanna meet someone???

Leave a comment:

• sweet_apache_onion
    replied
    oh gawd. i am being stalked.

Leave a comment:

• Apachedumpling
    replied
    what r u doin online??

Leave a comment:

• sweet_apache_onion
    replied
    probably thinking of some encouragement as you are practicing. like a future snag.

Leave a comment:

• RezRatz_4Life
    replied
    out of shape fancys

I agree with all the things said above. Great advice girlz. N/E wayz practice, practice, practice. That's all I have to say. And as I said before practice makes perfect. Oh, one more thing, try to practice everyday for as long as you can. That will really help; believe me, I couldn't do one song then I started doing this and now I can actually make it through 2 songs!!

Leave a comment:

• sweet_apache_onion
    replied
    i agree with powwow chic 49. start to dance to a song and stop when you need to. to catch a break and relax your muscles then do it some other time aiming to increase your time. there is no method that will work for everything you need to get dancin like a champ. whatever you are comfortable with will work out the best for you.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X