Do ya or dont ya?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do ya or dont ya?!?!?

When makin the ol shawl and vest, do you use a sowing Machine or not? I dont, I felt like a cheater on my first outfit!:p So I do everything by hand.

How bout you?
    ..::First ever 2002-2003 Powwows.com Princess::..
    ~*~*~* The original POWWOWCHIC49 *~*~*~
    *~*JINGLE IT*~*

I always use a sewing machine!!! I even sew the fringes on with a sewing machine no more hand tie shawls for me!!!!
    "Some of ya biggest haters are really ya biggest admirers. Their pride and fear won't allow them to tell ya the truth!" Litefoot

Comment

Everything by hand?! Wow! I couldnt trust myself to do that, I'm sure it would all just fall apart while i dance. So yeah, sewing machine for me all the way! I'll do some things by hand, but not alot.

Comment

I do everything by hand too!
        dress, vest, shawl, and leggings

Comment

Originally posted by mysticblue22
          I do everything by hand too!
          dress, vest, shawl, and leggings
          Das right! *high five* :p
          *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

everything

wow...everything huh...too much applique work to try to edge with hands....wow...you go girls!
            ~~I'm not settlin for anything less than everything~~

www.myspace.com/billiot

Comment

Originally posted by powwowchic49
              Das right! *high five* :p
              I do the same, except some one got my shawl 4 me as a gift, but Im adding bead work 2 it 2 make it mine. I make all my stuff, and im still working. Don't even buy the barrettes or hair ties
              The unique one has blessed you with her presence, P.L.U.R.

Comment

no i don't buy

Well, I don't buy beadwork either....It's kinda hard to do that when you are a fancy dancer ya know....you gotta make it your own...but , I dont' have time to do much beadwork anyhow...my bf does my beadwork for me actually....so nice! Anyway...
                ~~I'm not settlin for anything less than everything~~

www.myspace.com/billiot

Comment

Yea I hear dat! I cant buy my beadwork cuz I like my stuff all color coordinated, y know?
                  *~*JINGLE IT*~*

Comment

Yeah but is your shawl and that really that detailed....on my new stuff I have just way too much stuff to be doing it by hand plus with the shiny materials Im using it would all fray and fall apart.There are some designs that are so tiny I am gonna have a hard time with that machine but I dance hard and like I said it would just fall apart...not that i'm not a good hand sewer cuz I am....I just dont think its a good idea for me.....I did hand sew everything back in the day...when I first started makin my stuff.
                    ~* Tha ONE and ONLY RAE RAE..dont let cheap imitations fool you*~

Comment

Well i did my first outfit by the machine, and now i do my outfits by hand cause i gots no sewing machine anymore. i don't know how to bead and stuff so i buy them. but i've bin hand sewin tones and tones of stuff now so i'm gettin really used to it. lol it'll be weird when i do get a sewing machine lol.
                      later
                      Just put on your dancing shoes and dance til sun comes up.....

Comment

the first one i did not use a sewing machine but a lot of it came out stiff. then i tried again and it came out better. although i lost the second one to a michigan winter storm and i am left with the second one.
                        ushoo' udish dee'

Comment

Sewing machine all the way!!
                          Well not all the way, I do all my own beadwork by hand!
                          So for what I can do with a machine I do, what I can do with my hands I do!

Does this make since to anyone else or am I just that outta it right now!?
                          Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

I understand ya FancyStar! I'm the same way! Beadwork and all that by hand. Skirt and shawl on the machine unless I handtie my fringe.

Comment

I use a sewing machine whenever I can for my niece's outfits, but there are just some fine detailing that I would rather just do with my own hands. I wouldnt dare take a machine to it because it would ruin the detailing. But yeah, applique work and all that jazz is done by machine. But I did do my own first outfit completely by hand. That was a learning experience back when I was 16 *LOL* Gotten better at it over the years though.

R.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X