What Would You Do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Do??

I went to a powwow (nameless) recently and danced in the competition (womans fancy)...

After our songs on saturday night, i seen that my good friend judged our competition... this only surprised me because her SISTER is dancing against me...

I didnt know what to do... so i didnt DO anything. I kinda talked about it a little, but didnt do anything. i dont know if she put her sister up for first, which she did not deserve. or if she put me up at all...being her friend... i dont know if i should have asked to re-dance that sessions songs or what... probably. The sister did end up with third place... and i dont think that she is all that... but who am i? seems like she just started dancing on beat... anyways...

what would you have done?
    Love the Dance...
    Feel the Drum

who wins as much as they should?

undefinedYou don't place as much as you should, but who does?

you shouldn't have done anything.... it probably happens more than you know.

there are sooo many times that i'm judging and have to pass my ballot off because YOUR dancing... but that's my choice and my principle.

who wouldn't want to judge womens fancy!

don't take contest too seriously!
    you're a good dancer.
    believe that for yourself, not how others judge anyway...
    (wink)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• WhoMe
      The negative side of powwows
      by WhoMe
      There are many reasons to go to powwows. The family activity aspect, the intertribal aspect, the dancing to a common drumbeat aspect, the comroderie aspect, the cultural aspect, etc. etc. etc.

But there are also negative aspects that deserve comment...

I recently went back...
      07-23-2010, 12:09 PM
    • Montanaa
      My mom doesn't want me to learn my culture? Or be a dancer?
      by Montanaa
      Some of you may have read my last post involving the fact I want to get involved in a pow wow.... well something changed, and I don't know what to do. I didn't want to post this on here but there is no where else where people understand so I hope I get some nice feedback...

Here's some...
      08-07-2015, 04:58 PM
    • calicoquilts
      how do you correct someone?
      by calicoquilts
      I recently attended a dance and during the evening session a woman was doing a jingle dress exhibition. Her dancing was wrong to say the least and the only dancer doing this exhibition. She was swaying her body at the beginning of the song that is what caught my attention. Someone came out and place...
      05-13-2009, 09:29 AM
    • Cinkala
      My Mothers
      by Cinkala
      Copyright 2012 - all rights reserved (Thank you yaahl lol)

I don't expect you to understand
      I expect you to scoff and shake you head
      But if not for a pair of women
      I would more than likely be dead

My "mother" was never a mother
      A fake,...
      02-28-2012, 10:29 AM
    • sophisticated_lady
      dancing and attitude rant
      by sophisticated_lady
      In parts I can relate to Whome`s post. In parts... because for all those who don`t know yet, I´m mixed and I love it. I consider this a rich heritage but not everybody does. I know...shocker. lol I have met quite some full-blooded natives who were drinking and some of them even on drugs. Not so much...
      08-17-2010, 08:20 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X