Thank you . Maybe I won't do so bad .

Leave a comment:

• superndngyrl
    replied
    good luck!

Leave a comment:

• CHEROKEE-N-PROUD
    replied
    Have you ever felt anxious before your first powwow?

I am about to dance in my very first powwow and I am soooooo scared about it any advice?

Leave a comment:

• dancinfancy
    replied
    Well, I'm glad to hear it. Hopefully one day we'll be at the same powwow and I'll get to see it. I've been busy my self with a new outfit and some beadwork. Hope the rest of the outfit turns out just as well.

Leave a comment:

• CHEROKEE-N-PROUD
    replied
    well my shawl is almost finished just a little more fringe to go and we are A OK

Leave a comment:

• CHEROKEE-N-PROUD
    replied
    I emailed you :D

Well you should be getting an email from me soon if you don't recieve it leave me a message on here and thanks for all the info you have givin me

Leave a comment:

• dancinfancy
    replied
    There called drops, if she is beading then she needs to go to Wal-mart or somewhere that sells baby stuff and get some crib sheeting also called water proof padding, do your beading on that and then back it with leather, to attach it to your hair you can put a barrettes on the back. You can buy packs with nothing on them from craft stores. Way don't you email with your email address and then I will email you back and give you my phone # that will make it easier for us.

Leave a comment:

• CHEROKEE-N-PROUD
    replied
    once again ?

Mom wants to know how you make the things that hang from the bottom of the braid and what materials will be needed . Also thank you for the help with the plumes now we know what to do.

Leave a comment:

• dancinfancy
    replied
    As far as the barrette goes you can buy them out powwows or if you know some one that beads you could get them to make it. Now for them plums there are a few different things you can use. If you have a metal coat hanger, you can cut a piece of it to the lenght you want bend one end into a circle, take some sinew and tie the plums to the striaght end of the hanger. MAKE SURE IT'S TIGHT... TO MAKE SURE IT WILL HOLD YOU CAN SHAKE IT AROUND THE SAME WAY THE WIND WOULD TO SEE IF IT WILL HOLD. After that you can sew the hanger to the back side of the barrette so that it want fall out. That is the worst thing that can happen. You can also use a chopstick, or a dowrod, they make them small enough aroud to work. There are some websites you can go to for beadwork if you need to buy a good one is KQdesigns.com, and there are some on the links on powwows.com.

Leave a comment:

• CHEROKEE-N-PROUD
    replied
    Can you help me once again?

I have one more major question where do I get the things that hold the plumes straight up at or what are they called ? That and our barettes is the only thing I need for my regalia we have everything but the top plumes and I need to know what to get to hold them straight up while I dance.

Leave a comment:

• dancinfancy
    replied
    No problem, I'm glad I could help.

Leave a comment:

• CHEROKEE-N-PROUD
    replied
    Thank you!!

Well we finally came to a conclusion of sewing verses getting someone to sew it for us , we have a lady sewing our shawls but we are putting the designs and accents on it ourselves so we can say we did help in our regalia.Thank you for the email and we will try to email you with any questions that may concern us . I'll get back to all of you with the 411 on our shawls and little tips and tidbits I find on the way . Thanks DESTANY.

Leave a comment:

• dancinfancy
    replied
    If your Aunt sews than you will be able to figure it out. You can get alot of great skirt patterns, and if she good she can turn that into a dress. Alot of girls wear dresses with a yoke, but you can do the skirt & shirt, its up to you. Buying regalias is pretty pricy ($250-$500). I website you can look at to buy one is nativeamericandanceoutfit.com. Good luck you have my email if you need advice.

Leave a comment:

• Ahinawake
    replied
    Thanks for the help. I might attempt to make my own, with the help of an aunt who sews, but if I turn out to stink at it, I will need someone to make it for me, so I'll be looking around...

Leave a comment:

• eap7
    replied
    Yeah just be sure to get something that isn't too heavy or thin and won't WRINKLE easily! When you go to the fabric store, grab a little handful of the fabric and scrunch it up- if it looks wrinkly, don't get it, unless you like bringing an iron to the powwow :) Silk essence is a good fabric that's lightweight and colorful...but pretty much anything that isn't too heavy or too thin, which would rip from the weight of the ribbon.

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.