beading moccosins and back of yoc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beading moccosins and back of yoc

I'm starting a knew dress and I want to bead my back of the yoc and leggins and moccs. The only bad part is I don't know how. (stupid me) I have never had anything beaded before, except hairties, barretts, and head band. thats about it. Can any of you gals give me an idea how to. I appeciate it.

Tahnee Sharpe
    Jr. Miss Clolrado River Indian Tribes 02-03
    :D

Take your time! Ayyee! Just don't be afraid to make mistakes. I just recently finished my first fully beaded outfit and trust me I had to rip out alot of mistakes. But one thing that I think would make it easier that I didn't do would be to sew your edging on your leggings and yoke before you start beading it. Maybe too if you started with your big stuff first and then did your accsessories it kinda seems like it goes faster. Well good luck and post a pic when your done.

Comment

i was told to do the small eazy stuff first and then work on the hard stuff with a xperienced beader or something like that

Comment

re

Take you time!!Take lots of time. A big project like that takes time and hard work.I would go to the library and look up some books about it or ask some one who really knows what their doing to help you.

Comment

I sew and bead for others, but I get this mental block when it comes to myself. I've beaded on my old cloth leggins. I just switch the colors around. If I had to start from scracht it would take me for ever. To make the fill in go faster I draw in ruler lines. I know there's checkered interfacing floating around out there.:Chatter

Comment

that ruler idea is the best one beaders created... i do the same, thanx to wallflower, she's the bomb-diggity when it comes to the beading... but, just make sure you take your time :D
            ~*~ FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TAKE HOME UGLY SNAGS ~*~

Comment

If you are planning on doing any reverse images of a design, trace your design on tracing paper and flip it over. Whatever you do, don't rush through your projects & have fun. My 1st pair of fully beaded moccs took forever to complete, but I am glad I didn't give up on them. I have the satisfaction of knowing that I can make them & don't have to pay someone to make them for me.

Good Luck!!!!!!!:)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X