Leggin question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leggin question???

I have been making outfits for years, but for some dumb reason I can never get the leggins right, there always to tight on the top. So I end up redoing them a couple of times. Anyone have any advice on how to help me fix this problem? I'm going to finally get around to beading a pair of leggins and I don't want to run into this problem again. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by dancinfancy; 03-19-2007, 05:03 PM.
    The look on a baby's face the first time they hear the drum is priceless.......

Take the measurement of the top of your calf, and the measurement of your ankle, and when you cut, you should have a trapozoid shape (wider on one end than the other), don't forget for seam and zipper allowance!
    "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Comment

That's the way I do it but they always in up to tight at the top. I guess I need to allow a little more for the seam and zipper then since I'm doing the pattern right. Thanks.

Comment

If you are taking good measurments, then the key is the zipper allowance. Good luck on that beading.
        A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

I just finished a new pair for myself. I made sure to make a pattern out of scrap fabric first and then pinned it around my calf, making sure to flex my calf for accurate measurement. Yes, the measurement did change and it makes sense that when the legging is on you leg and your leg is flexing that the top part might get tighter or even too tight after awhile. Goodluck.

Comment

That's probably were I'm making the mistake, not flexing my calf when measuring. I just know this is going to be an undertaking because I'm beading the legging, moccasins, new hair pieces, the whole nine yards, hopefully a yoke too. I've none hair pieces before but not a whole set like this before. It's a little overwhelming when I think about because I have to work this around my 7 month old, so it might take me awhile. I thinking a year, or that's what I'm aimimg for. Thanks again

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X