some Q's i need answered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some Q's i need answered

okay so this is the first time making a fancy shawl outfit myself so i needed to know

what do i make my leggings out of???
    and if i wanna do applique hairties how do i make them durable and not crappy looking?? so if anybody has answers please tell me!!!
    "Some People don't be lik'n it!!"

"THE ABILITY TO BRING ANOTHER LIFE INTO THIS WORLD IS A GOOD ENOUGH ANSWER TO WHY NATIVE WOMEN ARE SO SACRED..."

sigpic
    [[ME & THE GOVERNOR OF KANSAS MAY 2008]]

There is this stuff you can get at walmart and any fabric store, I don't know what its call but it looks like felt only it's a whole lot stiffer. It's get for leggins, yokes, and for braid ties, and it's machine washable, just make sure you wash it first before you cut it out. Another thing that is good for the applique is wonder under, it's a can't live without must, lol. You just draw your design on the paper side and iron on to the fabric, then take off the paper and iron it to what you wannt it on and sew around it. I hope this helps.
    The look on a baby's face the first time they hear the drum is priceless.......

Comment

alright thank you for that...hopefully i can describe it to the lady and hopefully she'll know lol...but i went there and tried to explain and umm she looked at me like i was crazy lol...well thanks a lot!!!

"THE ABILITY TO BRING ANOTHER LIFE INTO THIS WORLD IS A GOOD ENOUGH ANSWER TO WHY NATIVE WOMEN ARE SO SACRED..."

sigpic

Comment

Yey, if you went to walmart and tried to explain that to them they will have know idea what your talking about, they put people in that department that know nothing about crafts. If you look in the section that a bounch of bulk that are all white, you notice some have paper on them telling you how to use it, like the wonder under, it will be in with that stuff it's between 54" and 60" wide. I've tried asking them for stuff before and they get this dumb founded look on their face that is just unbelieveable. I hope this helps you find it in the store.
        The look on a baby's face the first time they hear the drum is priceless.......

Comment

Originally posted by N8ivePrincess07 View Post
          okay so this is the first time making a fancy shawl outfit myself so i needed to know

what do i make my leggings out of???
          and if i wanna do applique hairties how do i make them durable and not crappy looking?? so if anybody has answers please tell me!!!
          Pellon!

Comment

the stuff you are looking for is called Pelon, or Interfacing. (SP) If you say that to the person they should knwo what you are talking about.
            and yes wash it befor you use it, just incase. if you wash it after and it shrinks it will make your leggens look all rippled. good luck
            A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

Originally posted by Migiziwomen View Post
              the stuff you are looking for is called Pelon, or Interfacing. (SP) If you say that to the person they should knwo what you are talking about.
              and yes wash it befor you use it, just incase. if you wash it after and it shrinks it will make your leggens look all rippled. good luck

You can wash in cool water, just do not place in dryer.

Comment

thank you guys alot

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WocusWoman View Post
                  You can wash in cool water, just do not place in dryer.
                  I have always just washed it right away, but that sounds easier and saves electricity. lol, right on.
                  A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.