Headband technics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headband technics?

I am half way through doing my niece first Fancy outfit. She had decided that she wanted a matching headband. Or at least try it. I guess pretty much all the fancy dancers wear one these days, including jingles.
    I never really liked it for myself and therefore never tried to find out how to make one. I asked a friend of mine to explain it to me and it seems that it is pretty much applique work.
    However, if anyone could post some tips I would be grateful for the extra info.
    Thank you.

Inila ye! Imaputakaye!!

My daughter made hers out of canvas - doubled and cut to the shape she wanted, then edged with bias tape.

She applique stitched it right to the edge.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Thank YOU!!

Hello again Wyo Rose

Thank you again for your advise. I thought it was something to that effect! I will try to come up with something modern and cool for her. I just hope that she will be happy with it, as I have two other different regalias to do after this one.

I really appreciate your help!

GC
      Inila ye! Imaputakaye!!

Comment

I'm sure it will be cool. Try to post a pic if you get a chance.
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

If I get there!!!

Well Wyo Rose, I might not have to make it after all... She might have changed her mind again. She wants some hair clips on each side. The right side with one plume....So... ... I will wait til she really really truly madly makes up her mind before starting anything.

I am half way through beading the bib. Claws and heart done in applique. Starting white background in lazy stitch today (hooray!! )

PS: Have posted a reply on the dummy on the bib thread...However, last time I checked it still did not find its way back from cyber space....
          Inila ye! Imaputakaye!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X