Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florescent colors

Hello all,
    I'm wondering if anyone knows a place on the net where I can order some florescent color ribbons for my daughters new shawl?
    also just curious as to how wide your ribbons usually are on your shawl? width and length. FUN FUN FUN gettin ready for Rosebud Fair. :D

ribbon....

Well as far as the width of ribbon that I use is 1/4".

And if anyone knows a website where to get flourescent ribbon. Let me know too!! I'm running out fast!!!

Comment

hhmm still can't find where. I guess Jo-ann's might have some but they dont' carry them on the net, you'd have to buy from the store. :(

Comment

look what I found...

I did a search for neon ribbon and this is what I came up with so far...

http://www.mjtrim.com/Catalog/cn_Sub...CategoryID=902

and they have rhinestones and fringe (limited though)
        Last edited by Ulinawi; 06-20-2003, 11:55 AM.
        My tongue got wrapped around my eye teeth, and I couldn't see what I was saying...

Comment

ribbon

I know, I've had the same problem. The best colors I've found are shocking pink, acid green, and pineapple. The problem is that the green and yellow are not being made anymore in these colors. But I know everynow and then they're still being sold in the stores. Lemon is a nice bright yellow as well. I've had a really hard time finding a neon green though. Good luck. Let me know if you do find any!!!
          Lauren.:)

Comment

Hey girlies!!! I got brave and was experimenting!! And you want to know what?? I used neon fabric dye and dyed white ribbon. It worked out pretty good!!!!!

Just wanted to share my success with you guys!! *lol*
            :)

Comment

oh my gosh for real?!!? that's kewl!! turned out eh? wow show us some pictures I wanna wanna wanna see. well I placed and order with the mjtrims or whatever. I should be getting my ribbons in the next few days. i'll let you know what I get in the mail. :)

Comment

far out......

I can't wait to see
                My tongue got wrapped around my eye teeth, and I couldn't see what I was saying...

Comment

Know what would be really neat??

How about dying the ribbon in different colors/layers kind of like this smiley :Rainbow Just an idea

Comment

yea dying will work, I'm lazy i'll just buy the ribbon and go from there LOL :D

Comment

You check out the price of the rhinestone plastic banding....? 1 YARD @ $19.98
                      "We see it as a desecration not only of a mountain but of our way of life. This is a genocidal issue to us. If they kill this mountain, they kill our way of life." ~Debra White Plume

Comment

Fabric

Not that I'm a huge fan of neon outfits, but ribbon aside...where do you find neon material? I mean, are you using satin, polyester, cotton or what? Just curious.
                        "This is not a black and white world...in order to survive the colors must be swirled"
                        -LIVE

Comment

width and length

I use 28" pieces folded in half for 14" fringe. I use 1/4" width. I've seen wider fringe and thinner, but I prefer the 1/4". Also, as far as length, there was another discussion on length somewhere on this forum, and some ladies were discussing 3' fringe! So...it all depends on you. Have fun and happy sewing :-)
                          "This is not a black and white world...in order to survive the colors must be swirled"
                          -LIVE

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst313
                            Hey girlies!!! I got brave and was experimenting!! And you want to know what?? I used neon fabric dye and dyed white ribbon. It worked out pretty good!!!!!

Just wanted to share my success with you guys!! *lol*
                            :)
                            how did you dye your ribbon, i tried it, but was not successful, maybe i didnt leave the ribbon in the dye long enough, help!

Comment

dyeing ribbons

I tried this a couple years ago. One batch turned out great and the other did not dye. The content of the ribbon is what's going to matter. 100% polyester ribbon, being a synthetic fiber, will not absorb dye well. I can't remember what the content was of the other ribbon I used, but I know the texture was slightly different and it was not the common Offray satin poly stuff.
                              It would be fun to experiment with this, with different dye types and different ribbons.....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X