Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ndn_thyme
    replied
    where do you buy the neon dye to for the fringe? i can't find that either.

Leave a comment:

• native_jingle2001
    replied
    my puter is rezzy.. missing a letter!! a letter between g and j..try ribbon factory..for neon ribbon ..it''s cut for u too..u need to order a catalogue..cya!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sapinjun
    replied
    The Ribbon And Regalia Factory

Hey ladies need ribbon get in touch with me cause i got alot of colors and different sizes! ([email protected])

Leave a comment:

• thizgirlpowwows
    replied
    Originally posted by Czechy
    I tried this a couple years ago. One batch turned out great and the other did not dye. The content of the ribbon is what's going to matter. 100% polyester ribbon, being a synthetic fiber, will not absorb dye well. I can't remember what the content was of the other ribbon I used, but I know the texture was slightly different and it was not the common Offray satin poly stuff.
    It would be fun to experiment with this, with different dye types and different ribbons.....
    thats probably why my didnt work, i had polyester ribbon, well on to the next experiment

Leave a comment:

• Pehkos
    replied
    ribbon fringe

Originally posted by butterflypulse
    I use 28" pieces folded in half for 14" fringe. I use 1/4" width. I've seen wider fringe and thinner, but I prefer the 1/4". Also, as far as length, there was another discussion on length somewhere on this forum, and some ladies were discussing 3' fringe! So...it all depends on you. Have fun and happy sewing :-)

Wow, so how do you keep the ends of the fringe from fraying?

Leave a comment:

• Czechy
    replied
    dyeing ribbons

I tried this a couple years ago. One batch turned out great and the other did not dye. The content of the ribbon is what's going to matter. 100% polyester ribbon, being a synthetic fiber, will not absorb dye well. I can't remember what the content was of the other ribbon I used, but I know the texture was slightly different and it was not the common Offray satin poly stuff.
    It would be fun to experiment with this, with different dye types and different ribbons.....

Leave a comment:

• thizgirlpowwows
    replied
    Originally posted by Amethyst313
    Hey girlies!!! I got brave and was experimenting!! And you want to know what?? I used neon fabric dye and dyed white ribbon. It worked out pretty good!!!!!

Just wanted to share my success with you guys!! *lol*
    :)
    how did you dye your ribbon, i tried it, but was not successful, maybe i didnt leave the ribbon in the dye long enough, help!

Leave a comment:

• butterflypulse
    replied
    width and length

I use 28" pieces folded in half for 14" fringe. I use 1/4" width. I've seen wider fringe and thinner, but I prefer the 1/4". Also, as far as length, there was another discussion on length somewhere on this forum, and some ladies were discussing 3' fringe! So...it all depends on you. Have fun and happy sewing :-)

Leave a comment:

• butterflypulse
    replied
    Fabric

Not that I'm a huge fan of neon outfits, but ribbon aside...where do you find neon material? I mean, are you using satin, polyester, cotton or what? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Mato Winyan
    replied
    You check out the price of the rhinestone plastic banding....? 1 YARD @ $19.98

Leave a comment:

• acoma pueblo
    replied
    yea dying will work, I'm lazy i'll just buy the ribbon and go from there LOL :D

Leave a comment:

• Majii
    replied
    Know what would be really neat??

How about dying the ribbon in different colors/layers kind of like this smiley :Rainbow Just an idea

Leave a comment:

• Ulinawi
    replied
    far out......

I can't wait to see

Leave a comment:

• acoma pueblo
    replied
    oh my gosh for real?!!? that's kewl!! turned out eh? wow show us some pictures I wanna wanna wanna see. well I placed and order with the mjtrims or whatever. I should be getting my ribbons in the next few days. i'll let you know what I get in the mail. :)

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst313
    replied
    Hey girlies!!! I got brave and was experimenting!! And you want to know what?? I used neon fabric dye and dyed white ribbon. It worked out pretty good!!!!!

Just wanted to share my success with you guys!! *lol*
    :)

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X