a little confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little confused

i have a tiny question and it would help alot if the ladies here could give me some pointers...
    i have read a few answers where you ladies here prefer foot work rather then spin spin kick kick.
    what would be better to do though for competion? myself...i'm more about foot work then swinging my shawl all over the place lol...
    so ne body's input would be great...for those of you who missed the question it is
    what do you think is better for competion? footwork or swinging your shawl more?
    thanks and may the creator bless you in all that you do:)
    keep your eyes on your enemy and watch your friends. put your life in your own hands or your life will end.

well -- shawl swingin gets people to look at you so you gotta do some spinnin, but after a while it gets old. plus the footwork shows that ya go skills so im not quite sure what to tell ya but i think that footwork is more important than spins

but that's just me

Comment

Footwork rocks. Do lots of it. Also, my goofball cousin says that judges look for shawl dancers to look like butterflies when they dance (if that helps at all)
      This is the worst signature ever.

Comment

Okay this is what i think....foot work shows your skills off and everything but spinning is also very important.....not that spinning where you look all wild and krazy.....you have to be graceful wit everything you do.....:Angel2

Comment

Your footwork with complimentary shawl movement is the key. You should look like you're floating on air, very light footed. You don't want to look like you're a stomp dancer! ;)

Also, be able to dance backwards, sideways and move your shawl gracefully.

You should move as a butterfly upon the the gentle summer breeze. - advice from my grandmother.
          I'd rather live on the side of a mountain than to wander through canyons of concrete and steel...

Comment

If I'm spinning, I'm trying to concentrate on showing off my shawl. After that I kick it up a bit to show I've got skills.
            snaf, snarf!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X