step work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• step work

my name is Megan and i have been a fancy shawl dancer for about 7 1/2 years, and i have been ever so interested in learning new steps, but everyone that dances at our powows all have the same steps, we look the same :( i was wondering if anyone out in america can help me or give me some advice on how to improve, i live in anchorage alaska and dance with the buffalo Dance Troup...
    thanks Megan

its all in you........ all of the dance moves that you are talking about are original styles of the individual dancers. i've never seen 2 dancers that dance exactly alike. some times i see dancers doing the same moves, but often they do it in different ways and make it their own....... so in my opinion, come up with your own stuff. practice lots.
    Last edited by ladybeadworker; 08-01-2003, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Dots

Place big black dots all over the ground and dance around only on the black dots.
      Maybe you will come up with a new style.
      Just don't steal my steps. :guns: :Chatter
      Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

Comment

Do you want live or memorex?

Live: Come down to the lower 48 and attend a powwow. Washington State has some good shawl dancers.

Memorex: Get either the Gathering or Schemitzun video tapes. There are some wicked moves in those videos.

p.s. Say hello to Sammy Lamebull and Benny Snowball for me...
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

THANKS! i know what you mean by there are no two pl that dance the same, and how it is all in me, i am working on new gear now, its gonna be HOTT! now i think ill take a look at them tapes you were talking about...thanks lots!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X