Dressing my daughters plumes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dressing my daughters plumes

Well my daughter got two plumes (real) for her regalia. Colourwise I know where I'm going (cause its gotta match her regalia) but I can't decide if I will peyote stitch them (like her eagle feathers for her tradish regalia) or use single beads. So I was wondering what you all prefer & why.

plumes

I just finished working one of my daughters plumes. What I did was wrap the ends with beige colored sinew and sealed it with tacky glue then let it dry. Next, I wrapped beige colored thread around that and secured that with gorilla glue. We preferred natural looking colors. It looks real nice. These glues can be bought at any craft store. I used 2 eagle plumes together to make one fluffy plume. It looks real nice.

Comment

that sounds nice cedar rose. I'm sure she really liked them. I think I'll use your idea of putting the 2 together, now I just got to decide on the style of beadwork, thanks.

Comment

Thread

Honistley if your looking for thread go to www.themudhole.com.mostly used for thread wrap designs on fishing rods but good for sewing and thread wraping for featherwork.
        Life is what you make it.
        Remember to all ways smile no matter how your day is. All ways remember your relatives and annsesters.

Comment

Originally posted by jamie1980 View Post
          Honistley if your looking for thread go to www.themudhole.com.mostly used for thread wrap designs on fishing rods but good for sewing and thread wraping for featherwork.
          This thread is 7 years old.

Aren't you the guy that started all those Facebook groups asking for people to teach you have to make stuff? You never seemed to understand that people make their living making this stuff and that they simply don't share their "secrets" to any random person.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Boy View Post

Aren't you the guy that started all those Facebook groups asking for people to teach you have to make stuff? You never seemed to understand that people make their living making this stuff and that they simply don't share their "secrets" to any random person.
            And then he/she goes around giving people misinformation like he knows what he/she is talking about.

This guy/girl gives a bad name to Native people.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

You never seemed to understand that people make their living making this stuff and that they simply don't share their "secrets" to any random person.

He/she has already been told this once:

http://forums.powwows.com/1622457-post2.html

Comment

yes I am that guy. I'm not a boy any more. I'll be 36 in September. All I was doing was giving my favorit websight to find thread.
                Last edited by jamie1980; 12-15-2015, 02:07 PM. Reason: Wrong number
                Life is what you make it.
                Remember to all ways smile no matter how your day is. All ways remember your relatives and annsesters.

Comment

I think it is him....just saw this posting...James A. Gifford

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.