double beat vs. single beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double beat vs. single beat

recently i've noticed that fancy dancers are given the double beat crow hop to dance to where they dance "crow style" crow hop... as opposed to the single beat where they dance more "fancy style" crow hop including more jumping around, footwork, and movements.
    now this is something i've just recently noticed and was inquiring about...what do you as fancy dancers prefer and does it occur often that you recieve a double beat as opposed to a single beat?
    has it been occuring more recently that you've been getting a double beat?
    personally, i've always enjoyed watching fancy shawl, especially when they do crow hop...single beat style cause it's much more challenging and there's more footwork involved in the dance.
    i mean...don't get me wrong... i think it's neat that fancy dancers are learning the "crow style" crow hop and they're doing it more...very interesting...
    but am i making sence? help me out here & let me know what's up & whatcha think....thanks!
    "i don't like to walk fast man - i like to strut!"

threw in my 2 cents :p

I like them both. But I'd hafta say I like the single beat crowhop more.

Comment

yeah, the double beat is really starting to catch on and I like it
      Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

ive only danced double beat a few timez but its alright.i like single beat way better b/c like u said,more footwork & stuff.
        who lives in a pineapple under the sea? man i wish it was me!

Comment

Can anyone explain it to me, I mean how to do it. I have seen it but mine don't look the same to me. :o :(
          Watch out for pedestrians!

Comment

I'd help you, but I pretty much pretend that I know what I'm doin out there. :Chatter

:Angel2 :p

Comment

:rofl2: I hear ya on that one!
              Watch out for pedestrians!

Comment

i enjoy watching the double beat crow hops, but I would rather see the Crow style dancers doing it instead. I prefer the single beat for fancy shawl. it seperates the "in shape" women from the "out of shape" women.

Single Beat for Fancy Shawl.
                Open your eyes and you will know the truth!

Comment

WELL I LIKE BOTH

Comment

right on bubblez

i also like to see both styles.
                    If you feel like you are under control your jus not going fast enough!

Comment

I like both styles. I love to dance a double beat...ya just getta glide out there and ya know that you look good. Just down in Washington this weekend I got two double beat crow hops...it was soooooo awesome...NE way...I also like to do single beat crow hops...then I getta bounce...ayei...:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
                      aLWAys KEep yOUr werds SOFT AN sweET, jUST iN cASE U HAFTA eat THEM...

Comment

I like both styles as well. If the dancers only get one round of competition, then I like the "single" beat.

Comment

In my opinion I think that a double beat is ok for specials or somthing. But when it's a contest, especially in women's fancy one of the goals that a dancer should have is to challenge there athletic ability. they all do the same thing in a double beat song. I think what should be done is having women's traditional do that song. Crow women when they enter a catagory they enter women's traditional, right?

i'm sure dancing the song is challenging the dancers leg muscles, but with a regular crow hop you are able to watch steps, style, bounce and endurance....

:Thumbs
                          Last edited by creedakotagurl; 02-04-2004, 12:21 PM.

Comment

BOTH........ has my vote
                            blah blah blah....

Comment

I love dancing single beat, I like dancing double beat. I love watching both though. Double beat is hard to control your movements!! Eeks! I look like a fool dancing double beat.
                              :o

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X