No announcement yet.

double beat vs. single beat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they SHOULD be givin em the dubbo~beat...cuz thats where fancy came from~! The good ole Graceful Shawl Dance and Gladys Jefferson~!~!
    .o0~CLAY~0o.

Comment

Traditionaly the crop hop was just Heal toes switch( were one foots toes were on the ground the other foots heal was on the ground then you hopped up and switch to the other foots toes and the other foots heals) that looks the best, i think. but hey everyone has their own opinion

:chief:

Comment

I don't mind

Well in actual fact...that double beat style used to be one of the original styles before fancy shawl got be so fancy. They used to dance like that and hold their shawls over there arm, and dance. Because remember....there just used to be traditional. Then the dance evolved. So this double beat style is one of the evolutions of the fancy shawl dance.
        I knew it...all the old stuff would start making a come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rez_Kitty
          i enjoy watching the double beat crow hops, but I would rather see the Crow style dancers doing it instead. I prefer the single beat for fancy shawl. it seperates the "in shape" women from the "out of shape" women.

Single Beat for Fancy Shawl.
          that's a little harsh, but I guess it does hurt (sometimes) to hear the truth.. LMAO:rofl2:
          I'm outta shape right now, but hopefully I'll get off my lazy butt, & do something about it:rtf: :bouncy: :22:

:Angel2

Comment

Double beat vs. crow hop

I"d say they both alright nutin wrong with them....
            Last edited by Sharon Johnson; 02-10-2006, 01:27 AM. Reason: I don't remember writing this.....

Comment

I prefer the single beat crow hop!! show off foot work!!!... i'm not a big fan of the double beat for womens fancy... but i hear the womens traditional ROCK IT when they do it!!!! so it's single beat for me!! but if i happen to get a double beat... (since i'm pretty cepa lol) i just go with it

You can't double team a Triple Threat

The Black Hills are NOT for sale

ps. i'm still the greatest~n i'm prettylol

Comment

I had never heard of Double-Beat until last pow-wow season, and I was like, huh? What? I gotta learn that! Luckily, I was able to practice it a weeeee little bit before ThunderBoyz came to town and pulled one out on us, atleast I was able to fake it, I think....(Im from West Virginia folks, so, things move a little slower here). But, since then, I've gotten a few more double beats. and it still confuses the heck outta me, but, I'll eventually get it.

I like em both, but, for now, Id have to say double, just cause its still kinda new for me.
                Walk softly, leave nothing but footprints....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.