Feet surgery and dance advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feet surgery and dance advice

I’m hoping there are some lady dancers who can help me sort out my thinking. I’ve had Lapiplasty surgery on both feet. My feet problems are likely a combination of modern dancing and gymnastics until age 38. I have fancy danced over 25 years. Most of this is ball of feet. While I may have been hereditarily predisposed as well. So now, I’m not sure I can return to being the fancy dancer I was. I’m also 57. Do I continue to fancy dance more flat footed and therefore less energetic or do I become a Southern cloth dancer? Of course my outfits are all fancy and I’d have to start over there as well. I am conflicted. Thanks for chiming in.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Niwiwan2005
    Daddy...I wanna dance Fancy!
    by Niwiwan2005
    Changing from Jingle to Fancy..Need Help!!!

[COLOR=Black]My daughter is switching style from jingle to fancy shawl. She has asked my wife and I to help with the switch. We are a little limited to the type of help we can provide--we were raised in only the Northern and Southern Traditional...
    09-13-2005, 10:38 AM
  • powwowdancer7
    Modern Fancy Dance
    by powwowdancer7
    I want to discuss modern regalia making and dancing. Any input is welcome.
    01-25-2009, 08:32 PM
  • Pvt Butter
    women's fancy bustle at Red Earth
    by Pvt Butter
    is this really happening? Who's the comp???
    05-28-2007, 10:14 PM
  • xlreight_05
    fancy dance bustles
    by xlreight_05
    Please help!!!!!!

yes I'm new to the pow wow circuit and have not ventured out of the UK, but at a recent pow wow I was approached and asked if I had ever thought of going into fancy dancing instead of traditional.

Watched a few people dancing fancy dancing and decided...
    10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
  • sltate
    Southern Fancy?
    by sltate
    I just returned from Gathering and I was disappointed to say the least...in the southern fancy category. Not the winners, but the dance style itself.
    I took my mom out there and we were watching the pow wow and she made me take a second look at this category. She made me go waaaaayyy back and...
    04-26-2004, 04:27 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X