Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slipping shawl

Hi Ladies,

I am in the process of making my 7 year old daughter her fancy shawl regalia. I made her shawl out of a slippery satin material. The problem is that it is slipping all over her shoulders and she can't keep it still. She keeps pulling up the shawl and it ends up half way up her back. I am thinking of velro under the yoke and across her shoulders. Also I thought I would sew a wrist tie to the inside of the shawl so she dosn't have to worry about it slipping from her hands. Anyone have the same problem? What was your solution?

Safety pin the shawl to the cape. it helps a lot

Comment

I"ve seen a lot of safty pins on shoulders and elastic loops for hands too for itty bitties My daugther is one of the Big Butterflies who takes little ones under her wings to help good luck let her Fly!!!!

Comment

Ive seen some kids with buttons or snaps either on the dress or the cape... it seem to work pretty well and you dont have to try to pin them when they are trying to run around.
        Why we dance.........
        we dance to pray, we pray to heal, we heal to live, we live to dance!

Comment

Originally posted by shadowoman View Post
          I"ve seen a lot of safty pins on shoulders and elastic loops for hands too
          same here...my 13 yr old still likes elastic loops although she hasn't used safty pins on the shoulders for a while

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Aiyana's Mom
            Tiny Tot Fancy Shawl Regalia!
            by Aiyana's Mom
            Hi everyone, I need some help on how to make a tiny tot fancy shawl outfit. My little girl will be 2 for her pow-wow this summer and from the videos she watches with her daddy, it seams like she would like to start as a fancy shawl dancer this year! My husband is Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape of Nj, but...
            03-29-2008, 07:56 AM
          • adams_wiffy
            my 6 month old daughter
            by adams_wiffy
            i just wanted to tell you all a little about my daughter, she is 6 months now and so adorable. when i was pregnant with her we use to play pow wow music, and evry time we did she would move all around, now she is 6 months old and evrytime we put the pow wow music on she just dances, its so cute. we...
            08-25-2006, 07:49 PM
          • Nokomis_83
            My daughter dancing Fancy Shawl
            by Nokomis_83
            Hi,

I never danced, but I now have a 1 1/2 year old daughter, and I want her to learn how to dance Fancy Shawl. If you could answer the following questions I would really appreciate it:
            1. Does anyone have any pointers on how to get her started?
            2. What are the main...
            04-01-2007, 05:40 PM
          • RRhiannon99
            Applique assistance
            by RRhiannon99
            Hello.

My best friend is getting married soon, and as her brides maid I offered to make her a shawl and one for myself. I have only been to a few dances, because my boyfriend used to be a fancy dancer himself. I have a basic idea of how to measure, make the shawl, and fringe, but no...
            09-16-2004, 10:33 PM
          • runnrgrl33
            Shawl question
            by runnrgrl33
            Can anyone tell me how to sew the ribbons onto my shawl? I also need to know what length the ribbons are supposed to be. I am 5'6''. Thanks!!!!!
            05-10-2006, 05:46 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X