Tips on making regalia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on making regalia

I kno there are many threads like this one....but any basic tips on where to start off making your own regalia?? Mainly just the skirt and bib..or a one piece dress..

White Dove Creations

If you would email me at [email protected], I would be happy to answer your question. You can see my regalia on the trading post.

Sherry

Comment

Start with getiing to know some dancers. After you make some friends you can ask someone to teach you. That person will teach you about what you need to know, what's needed for the regalia, what you need to know about dancing. Now if this person doesn't sew then yep you will need help with that, making patterns etc. Of course some of us sell regalia but it sounds like you are looking to make your own which is definatly the best decision. Are you looking for how to make the pattern or what is needed?

Comment

I would start simple, with children size outfits. Get that down first. Use cottons and cotton threads. You can give them away or sell them. Once you get the hang of sewing and knowing how different fabrics and threads work, you can start your stuff. This is how I learned to do my outfits.
        ***ONE MORE!!!***

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X