How do you show respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you show respect?

Like alot of women on here, I have been attending pow-wows since I was a baby and dancing for over 15 years. I grew up hearing people talk about showing respect for the drum and the circle. However in my travels I have noticed that different places consider different things respectful so I thought it would be an informative topic if people shared their knowledge. So say where you are from and how you show your respect for the drum and the circle.
    Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Drum & Circle

Syracuse, NY, US: The "drum", you participate; the circle remains a

circle, you wait for your neighbor, respect etiquette and be honest as you share.

respectfully.

Comment

I like to see people still repsect the drum and circle. Like if your dancing and the drum stops but you don't. I really think its great when the dancer laughs and walks out of the circle cause they know they just got beat but still stand on the side in respect to the other dancers still out there. It shows they are a good sport and respectful.
      Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

How do you show respect?

Hi Fancy Shawl:

I see you responded right away. Maybe you got Twitter or some program that alerts you when a post is placed. Thanks for responding so quick. I must be a snail. The email I use...I don't check to frequently..... less any of the email operations I have. Anyway, hmmmmmmmmmm? Good Sport.

It comes to me....keep it simple. I'm a metaphor fan of sorts so what's shared can mean sooooooooooo many things and so many wanna know....maybe.

I took a peak at your photo ..in your shawl....Woooooooooooow! Talk about Symbolism and color coordination. That kind of work and dance...could hypnotize me! Your so sharing.

Good Sport.....heavy subject...in the REAL world.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X