Fancy Shawl Regalia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy Shawl Regalia

Dumb question, can someone explain what the regalia is for this dance. I mean it looks like it is a dress with leggins with a shawl.. Am I right. I need to make my regalia but I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.. Oh does this go the same for Trad fancy shawl?

Thanks
    Stephanie

It sounds like you need to attend powwows for a while & learn more about it before you start trying to jump in without knowing what you're doing.
    Janet Littlecrow
    Littlecrow Trading Post, LLC
    www.littlecrowtradingpost.com

Comment

I have to agree. Why are you making the outfit if you don't know the dance? Attend a few more pow-wows and sit and watch and learn. Then after a season of pow-wows, if you still have questions then ask.
      Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

you might also watch ALL the video's posted on Pow wow .com on fancy Shawl Dancers and all the pictures posted here too
        And POW WOW POW WOW POW WOW POW WOW !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sdlively27 View Post
          Dumb question, can someone explain what the regalia is for this dance. I mean it looks like it is a dress with leggins with a shawl.. Am I right. I need to make my regalia but I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.. Oh does this go the same for Trad fancy shawl?

Thanks
          Stephanie

sd,

I have never heard of the "Trad fancy shawl." Do you mean a traditional dancer with a fancy shawl?
          Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
            sd,

I have never heard of the "Trad fancy shawl." Do you mean a traditional dancer with a fancy shawl?
            I think she may mean Old Style Fancy.
            Ozhaawashko-giizhigag
            Proud of my adopted and blood heritages! Anishinabe, Cree, Dene, Metis
            Jingler

Comment

hmmm i dont know all of it, but i would suggest internet searching it, that's what i did.. though i still have a few unanswered questions myself lol.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.