No announcement yet.

Did you ever own a needlepoint outfit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yupers Tansida never had one. Cassandra Bointy had a pretty off white with rose's. Her niece Breanna had a new one every weekend. From hairties to earings,this lil gurl was always decked out.

Comment

Yeah, I never had one...

yeah, i never had one, I didn't have to skills to make one, but I remember now, it was Darcie and Radell Standing Elk who had some pretty awesome needlepoint outfits!! Pink and Purple ones, I sure miss seeing Radell and Darcie!! Hope they're doing alright!
      Tanksida

Comment

I used the plastic canvas for leggins, about 5 years ago (About 4 yokes ago. ..I tend to make a yoke a year. ..depending. .fully beaded of course. .with my bugle beads cuz I'm lazy). ..I didn't know I was that out of style.. . I've stopped wearing those leggins cuz I hardly wear the outfit but, it would break around the foot and underneath my knee ...

Comment

Hey Hoops

Your not out of stlye,,,,,,were all reminicing.....just taking a walk down memory lane....lol hope no one picks up on that.:Angel:

Comment

Heh. .my hoop aprons are needlepoint too. ..cept counted cross stitch. .wanted something nice and light and can get through a million hoops. .works pretty well

But, Rhinestones are in now right??

Comment

Re: Hey Hoops

Originally posted by wallFlower
              Your not out of stlye,,,,,,were all reminicing.....just taking a walk down memory lane....lol hope no one picks up on that.:Angel:
              Don't worry Wallflower if my memory proves right. You'll be okay.

Comment

Yes Quickie

If your memory serves you rite. Who made your sis's needle point stuff? Her's were pretty.:Angel:

Comment

Re: Yes Quickie

Originally posted by wallFlower
                  If your memory serves you rite. Who made your sis's needle point stuff? Her's were pretty.:Angel:
                  My memory tells me that my sister's needlepoint was made by Theresa Iyotte from Rosebud, SD now residing in Riverside, CA.

Comment

Hear. I thought your mom was so creative and so busy working up a storm. Me and my sis had to everything ourselves. Did she do your guyz bead work too?

Comment

Theresa Iyotte beaded the first set. Emily Meyers beaded my sisters belt and Connie Scott from Rapid City, SD beaded the rest.

Comment

pictures?

Okay...maybe I'm just really young, but I don't remember ever seeing any outfits with full needlepoint. But then again, southern VA isn't exactly in the loop :-) Does anybody have a picture or can take a picture of anything they have...I would love to see the effect.
                        "This is not a black and white world...in order to survive the colors must be swirled"
                        -LIVE

Comment

I may have a pic

I started an outfit along time ago, never got to the 2nd one. By then we were into the sequin outfits.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X