Friendliest Fancy Shawl Dancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendliest Fancy Shawl Dancer

Okay, so we've all done the "who's your favorite" thread or poll, now I am really curious of all the fancy shawl dancers out there that you ahve met or seen who do you think is the friendliest or nicest? I know that there are a couple of snooty patooty's out there but lets not go there!
    So Seriously, who are the fiendliest fancy shawl dancers you have seen or met in pow-wow country?
    Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Cepa Sparks & Georgena Haywahe
    Becky B.

Comment

Georgina definitely, Carol Melting Tallow and Patricia Bugg, Shelly Bointy, Tracey Recollet, Angel White....they're all good dancers who place often and they don't got their heads stuck up their a$ses. I haven't personally met Cepa but I complimented her on this site as being a great MIW and she pm'd me back sayin thanks so I think she can go up on my list too cuz she seems very cool! I've talked to a few champs who get in there then the next weekend they act like they don't know me but I'm not gonna go there. I'm sure there's others out there that I haven't even gotten to talk to yet so, that's probably why they aren't on here but some of them probably belong on my list. But it's good to see these gals out there dancing and having fun:)
      Last edited by Roobz; 10-30-2003, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Oh yeah gotta add my friend Diana Fairbanks and my other friend Georgia DuBois :) and also a cool shawler who frequents this site who seems down to earth is ~*~Xammy~*~ always hear good comments about her.

Comment

Oh yeah!! Shamaray Yazzie is a sweety! I always post about her because she is my hero. I love the way she dances. She is the craziest girl i know! I love her outlook on dancing and her style. You always see her laughing around and I can't wait to see you jammin out at Pahrump in 3 weeks girl! You're my hero!!!
          Always, Mary :D
          :24: "Dance Like No One Is Watching"

Comment

I would say:

Shamaray Yazzie and Carol Meltingtallow

Shamaray in a genuine way...

Carol in a powwow political way...

Comment

Carol Melting Tallow--places wherever she goes but doesn't have that diva mentality. Gets all rezzy, I like that about her.

Georgina Hewahaye--placed first at every powwow I saw her at this summer, but she never lets it get to her head. Always running around joking and laughing with people.
              Got percap?

Comment

Friendliest Shawl Dancer

I would have to agree with:

Georgina Haywayhe-she awesome and very nice, and also happy all the time...

Shawna Kaiswatum-She's a great dancer places at every powwow she attends but also keeps it real...never ignores anyone when they approach her or acts too good...:D :D :D

Comment

_______

Bonnie Tomahsah and Carol Melting Tallow:

Both champions and both a "class act!" ;)
                  Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Georgina had her day:o but she's back to her oldself. It was fun hanging out at Sakmay with her. Back in her fancy day jinglegenie by far is the friendlyiest out here. Lesile Deer is really cool to. Ursaloria is very aproachable too and her lil sis Nicky is just too cute:p

Comment

I only met Carol Melting Tallow once (she came to Richmond a couple of years ago) and she def was very nice. I haven't seen these two in a few years but back in the day Becky Hawpetoss, Becky Taylor and Shawn and Amos Yazzie's sister were all very nice. They all used to travel out here alot. Can't forget Brenda Silva and Sparrow PlainBull - can't leave my fam out.
                      Becky B.

Comment

Yeppers, Brenda Silva is verrrry nice. Perhaps I am mistaken, but does Sparrow dance fancy too? I thought she was cloth. Hmmm. Sparrow braided my hair just deadly at Yale. She's cool.
                        Got percap?

Comment

_______

Thanks for reminding me about Brenda. Yes she is extremely nice and helpful.

Where is Brenda and Ray nowadays?
                          Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

I got the chance to meet Bonnie in Arizona and she left a mark of real kindess and a down dancer. Lucha Diaz is friendly too:D

Comment

Jibby - Sparrow used to dance fancy - she has mostly danced traditional since she had EJ. She danced jingle too!

Who Me - Brenda, Ray and Jay are living in Greensboro. Waya and his wife Sallie live there also!
                              Becky B.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X