I Want To Dance... Can I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want To Dance... Can I?

Good Day To You. I Am New Here And Don't Know How This Works. I Apologize In Advance If I'm Doing Something Wrong >.<
    --I Have Been Teaching Myself To Dance For A Few Months Now And Have Been Researching A Lot About Native Dances And Etiquette. I Would Really Like To Start Competing At The Powwows Near Me... Can I?

I Am Not A Native American (I Am Not 100% Sure, I Am Still Researching My Family Tree) But I Do Have Native Blood From The Tribes In Mexico. My Family Is Yaqui. I Am In The Process Of Registering In The Yaqui Tribe But Can I Compete At Powwows In The Fancy Shawl/Jingle Dress Category?

Any Information Helps. Please And Thank You In Advance.
    Have A Wonderful Day :)

Originally posted by living.theways View Post
    Good Day To You. I Am New Here And Don't Know How This Works. I Apologize In Advance If I'm Doing Something Wrong >.<
    --I Have Been Teaching Myself To Dance For A Few Months Now And Have Been Researching A Lot About Native Dances And Etiquette. I Would Really Like To Start Competing At The Powwows Near Me... Can I?

I Am Not A Native American (I Am Not 100% Sure, I Am Still Researching My Family Tree) But I Do Have Native Blood From The Tribes In Mexico. My Family Is Yaqui. I Am In The Process Of Registering In The Yaqui Tribe But Can I Compete At Powwows In The Fancy Shawl/Jingle Dress Category?

yes
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

Comment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AjPau5QYtYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      "Don't trust anyone who isn't angry."
      - John Trudell

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
      - Me

Comment

Uncle Tonto!
        sigpic

Comment

bahahahahaha!!! I love the Safety Dance lol

Comment

I want some friends I can go level with or take some ops. Hard to find people on during my play time because I'm in the USA. I am currently Protopharma but I can switch on my own to whichever faction. I prefer anti-city.

Comment

Originally posted by living.theways View Post

I would suggest that when you begin dancing at powwows, you have a powwow elder bring you into the arena to acknowledge this is your first time. Be ready to give the drum, committee and head staff a small token of appreciation for this public acknowledgement. It is the right thing to do before you start competing at powwows.....
              Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

props for safety dance/! ;D

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.