Hello new here ? about the seven grandfathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello new here ? about the seven grandfathers

I am in the process of styling my 9 year old granddaughter's regalia. She is Saginaw Chippewa and a fancy shawl dancer. She wants the design to be traditional and wants it to have a floral design with turtles to represent her clan, feathers, and seven stars to represent the seven grandfathers. My question is are the stars a representation of the seven grandfathers in the Chippewa/Ojibwa culture? I have tryed to research it, but only come up with the teachings and according to each trib, plains, woodland, ect., the animals that represents each. Thank you for the help.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• tmf315
    Question about fabrics
    by tmf315
    I am making my 8 yo daughter's outfit for her school pow wow. This is her first outfit and I am new to this. Can I use a sparkly cotton for her shawl? I plan on embellishing it with ribbons in different colors and maybe butterfly appliques. I don't think she will be going to too many pow wows until...
    04-14-2008, 11:05 PM
  • Tallulabelle328
    A Dancer's Mom- She's Changing Styles
    by Tallulabelle328
    For those that know what that means :) I also make our own regalia, shawls, etc. When my daughter tiny tot danced my mom & auntie made her a jingle outfit. When she turned 5 she wanted to dance Fancy Shawl because she had a dream and vision, we sat down and drew out her vision and made her Fancy...
    02-13-2007, 03:57 PM
  • AllynWalkingBear
    First Time Shawl Dancer
    by AllynWalkingBear
    I am making the regalia for my 13 year old niece. She has never danced at powwow with regalia and I would like it to be simple so that she looks nice, but if she changes her mind, not too elaborate...

I have read everything I can find on what to make, but I still have a few questions,...
    10-17-2007, 08:55 AM
  • Annie Fawn
    Quick hello and updating
    by Annie Fawn
    Hi powwowers,
    I've missed everyone but probably won't be around for a few months. I am on face book as Annie Fawn but please let me know who you are if you send a friend request.
    Our youngest daughter has inherited my blood problem and has a blood clot in her brain, it is blocking the...
    07-19-2010, 06:46 PM
  • Nokomis_83
    My daughter dancing Fancy Shawl
    by Nokomis_83
    Hi,

I never danced, but I now have a 1 1/2 year old daughter, and I want her to learn how to dance Fancy Shawl. If you could answer the following questions I would really appreciate it:
    1. Does anyone have any pointers on how to get her started?
    2. What are the main...
    04-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X