Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dancer - Need help starting regalia

Aaniin,
    Ive been learning Fancy Shawl for about four months now and feel that I am ready to begin my regalia.

Id like to start with my leggings and yoke.

Can someone please give me some starting points on how to begin working on my leggings. I'd like them to have a zipper on them. Ideally, fully beaded.

Im needing advice from the very beginning. What stitch do you use to bead? Material? As much help and details would be much appreciated.

Meegwetch.

Hi and welcome to the site. Check out the beading tutorials in the Craft section. Blackbear has a really good one for applique.

I've seen leggings done with peyote stitch, applique, loomed and freestyle so it's pretty much up to your likes and skill levels.

Make sure the zipper you buy is one that opens up like a jacket zipper (dress style closed zippers end up getting torn apart when you are in a hurry to put them on for Grand Entry).
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.

Comment

Juaquin Lonelodge has a whole lengthy video series on how to do everything from designing applique to beading. I know he shows a Jingle Dress in one video but the concepts can be used on just about every other style. He was featured in several of Powwwows.com articles.

https://vimeo.com/search?q=Juaquin+Lonelodge
      CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
      sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

This is cool too. Good luck getting your outfit done!

Making Regalia - CATV47 Cheyenne and Arapaho Television

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X