Beadwork Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beadwork Set

Hello! I have a question, I was wondering if you are able to use a velvet beaded set for fancy dance or just a velvet cape and leggings/mocs? I wanted to make a set with velvet, but I haven't seen anyone wear velvet fancy dancing, only old style jingle and smoke dance, and I know it is more of a traditional style. What are your thoughts? Wado!
    Last edited by wildrain; 05-31-2017, 07:31 PM.

Nowadays you can design pretty much how you like. The only problem that I see with velvet is that it would be quite hot to dance in. Even though you are moving and only use the shawl while dancing it can make you really sweat in the sun and heat.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Takomai
      New Shawl Dancer looking for information.
      by Takomai
      I've come to you in a pursuit of knowledge, mainly about shawl dancing and the guide-line to stay as a respectful shawl dancer, instead of disrespected, so that I may know what to look for. I've yet to start learning how to shawl dance and wish to learn all the guide-lines before I work on learning...
      10-26-2010, 06:13 PM
    • BeadMan
      Fancy Dance Beadwork
      by BeadMan
      I just got back from a trip to Oklahoma where I had a wonderful conversation with a Kiowa man and a Pawnee man about fancy dance and its hitory and also its future. The topic of outfits came up and we started talking about beadwork. Their views were that less beadwork is seen among dancers today and...
      04-10-2003, 03:20 AM
    • wolfdream
      Putting together son's outfit...HELP!
      by wolfdream
      Well finally I may have found a place that may offer the asistance I need.

Well I am doing my best to put my son's outfit together, tradish dancer. I have experience with making girl's/women's outfits but I don't have a clue where to start for my son! Piece by piece is what...
      01-06-2004, 01:03 AM
    • redberries
      How to make a bib....??!
      by redberries
      Hello there,

Okay here is the deal...I have jingle dance for years and that regalia holds no secret for me. However, my niece wants to Fancy Shawl and has asked me to design her regalia. I have done the skirt, I am half way through with the waistcoat part. I have tried to find old threads...
      07-21-2007, 04:50 AM
    • ballin_n_shawlin
      Generic designs
      by ballin_n_shawlin
      Ok. Maybe it's just me. But it seems like this is all i'm seeing.

Generic Geometric Beadwork.

By Generic i mean: Just a Diamond, or square, or even just a "V", a few sideways V's. etc. AND they have about 10 colors in them (so you can use just about any...
      08-25-2009, 01:36 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X