Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you lend your shawls and beadwork out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you lend your shawls and beadwork out?

I've had good and bad experiances. It now depends. I'm lucky enough to have beadwork and I know others that don't. I've been used and abused to many times now. I've lent out beadwork and get pieces missing.:Yell Then there are the good, that hand me some of there prize money for the use of my things.:p

I lent my sister a beadwork set I wasn't wearing . She always leaves stuff everywhere, so my mom and I both told her to take everything off in the car. She didn't listen and lost a side barette w/ feathers on it. Then she didn't tell me and gave me everything back, and tried to say I lost the barette when the next powwow rolled around and it was missing.

She still today says I lost it. She did buy us all DQ with her prize money though!

Comment

My daughter will let her friends borrow her shawls and dresses for specials, but thats bout it. When she borrows stuff from her friends for specials and does place, she will give them some money in return, very imp.

Comment

I'm a very giving person so if a friend needs to borrow I will let them.Has to be a good friend that I know will bring back everything.
        Err body in da club eatin chips!

A part of me feels so bad but ooh not that bad

Comment

I'm too scared to ask someone to use their outfit... I dunno... My one friend has such beautiful outfits & I just love to put one on and jam! But I always feel awful so I never ask... some people say you can't lend your stuff and others don't mind.... so.. I'd better start on my bead work if I ever want a bad azz dress like hers!
          "What goes around comes around. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening. Live like it's Heaven on Earth." Author-nknown

Comment

Maybe I would let my cuz borrow them...but not just anybody!
            '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,
            SOUTHERN STYOZ
            '*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,

Comment

just the old outfits I dont wear any more. the good stuff is left for only me
              Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

Comment

Originally posted by wallFlower
                I've had good and bad experiances. It now depends. I'm lucky enough to have beadwork and I know others that don't. I've been used and abused to many times now. I've lent out beadwork and get pieces missing.:Yell Then there are the good, that hand me some of there prize money for the use of my things.:p
                I would lend them out to people who I know, for specials only. But if their not responsible I wouldn't lend it out to them cause they would mess it up.

Comment

lending outfits

i had a few experiences: We went to this pow-wow(years and years ago) I thought since I had all the outfits I would let my two cousins pick whatever outfit they wanted to wear.Anyway
                  I didn't dance the last 2 days because it was soooo hot i thought i was gonna melt! SO I helped them get ready... my cousin placed in a special-Another one was: I usually wear this wine dress the first night and a white one the second a blue on the last day..anyways my sisters' friend came to our camp and asked to borrow my wine dress she had tobbacco and a little bit money so she can borrow it.Well she was in a tie breaker for regular competition... so i was honoured 2 see that my dress was part of that! That was good enough for me
                  Last year, a younger fancy dancer who is a friend of the family was breaking out a new outfit came to me and asked if i had any accessories she could borrow I had just finished my new beadwork and lent them to her..she placed too...
                  When I lend out my stuff...the payment is to know you had a little part it...should i say pride??? lol

Comment

it's me again....

well.. my baby sis would always try borrow a woman's shawl and we told her she shouldn't but she did anyway... After that we got her 2 reversable shawls made so she wouldn't have 2 borrow from anyone, it was like she had four different shawls-lol Instead of beading her accessories we made them fabric made so we made her different sets to match the different shawls, after all that work she decided that....she wanted to dance jingle-lol. Now that she dances jingle we bring our cousins along so they can wear my little sis's fancy outfits. At least someone would put them to use. My other sister danced jingle too. She's into sports now so we thought that since her dresses are just hanging in the closet....one of my other cousins is gonna be using them now, cause my mom got them made by a lady and payed alot of $$$ for them.

Comment

when my sisters and i were little we used to exchange shawls all the time thats only cuz we could trust each other...even beadwork too...some of my leggings and mocs i got from my sisters cus they were handed down to me (aka hand me downs) and during the time when my dad was laid off from hydromatic that saved my ma lotta money.. but ya know if its not family then dont share shawls... im not talkin about cusins and such im talkin about sisters that ya can lend out shawls and such to.... unfortunately especially with my family my cusins cant be trusted...becca

Comment

I would feel weird to ask someone to wear their dresses............ I only have one dress and it is falling apart.lol so a new is in the process as well as beadwork............... a reversable shawl sounds like a good idea. It sure saves money.lol
                        -MIDNITE EXPRESS ROCKS!!!-

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X