X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nokomis
    started a topic Double sided shawl

Double sided shawl

Kwai and hello, I usually make one sided shawls with chainette. This time I want to do a reversible shawl for fancy shawl. I can kind of guess how but any experienced help? I figure it would be do applique designs on both inner and outer shawl. Turn up a hem edge on both fabrics. Baste ribbon onto one and then sandwich ribbon and sew. OR do you do the thing where you put the 2 outer sides together with ribbon between, sew 3 sides then turn inside out? Advice please? Oliuni - thanks!

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• MissTlingitAchievement
    Making a..................................
    by MissTlingitAchievement
    Shawl.......
    I know a shawl is part of a buckskin outfit. I know what design I am going to do for mine. But how do I make a shawl?
    How big of fabric do I need?
    Any help would be great!!!!

Thanks

MTA
    10-05-2003, 10:03 PM
  • superndngyrl
    Shawl HELP!!!
    by superndngyrl
    I have a question. I need to refringe my shawl and its my first time and no Mom's or grandmas around to help. Can anyone give me step by step instructions. I already bought the fringe... (regular shawl fringe) and need to know what to do w/it and what kind of needle I need, etc... since I'm re-fringing,...
    03-03-2002, 11:24 AM
  • Kamama
    shawl measurements?
    by Kamama
    Hi all,
    I am in the process of designing a new shawl for Shawl Dancing. My last Fancy Shawl I made was a weee bit to long, as I went with more of a traditional length. Like 54 x something inches. It worked out great arm length wise, but, I always had to fold the top over by several inches to...
    01-08-2007, 03:07 PM
  • New2itall
    Sewing a simple shawl
    by New2itall
    Being out here in non-Pow Wow land, I have managed to make it into adulthood without having attended a Pow Wow. Recently I went to OK and was able to attend a Pow Wow while there (Choctaw). I was told I need to at least get a shawl for entering the circle during open dances. We are going back in a few...
    05-02-2008, 03:58 PM
  • NCheyGirl21
    shawls
    by NCheyGirl21
    No this isn't a question from me, lol. I'm just seeing what everybody thinks about this. Do you prefer ribbon fringe or shawl fringe on your shawls? Do you do all 4 sides or just 2 sides?

I've only done 2 sides on my shawls but I have one shawl that is ribbon fringe and then another shawl...
    09-12-2007, 09:42 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X