Do you sew or hand tie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you sew or hand tie?

Way back when, we used to hand tie out ribbon fringe. Now that I have cheaper sources for ribbon and I have a household to take care of I sew them on. Both ways looks nice. Some of Shelly Bointey's shawl are some examples of hand tieing. Her shawls are purty.

I personally think it looks better when tie them! But it just takes so long! So all my shawls are sew down! :Chatter
    <~*~>Ajidamoo Pride<~*~>

Comment

The first shawl set I made, and yes I did make one;) Was all sewn down. I had thought about tying the ribbon though.... hmmmm

Comment

The other day when I was in Downtown LA I picked up some 500yd hot pink ribbon for a dollar. Then I picked up some 3 spools of bright green for 3 dollars. It's size 1/8. So some time this spring I'll have myself a hand tied shawl.:Angel2

Comment

I sew mine
          Err body in da club eatin chips!

A part of me feels so bad but ooh not that bad

Comment

sew

all my shawls i sew but i have received orders where they asked for hand stitched" it takes a bit longer but its there dollar and there shawl.there still nice looking though either way.
            Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

Comment

dayummm

Originally posted by wallFlower
              The other day when I was in Downtown LA I picked up some 500yd hot pink ribbon for a dollar. Then I picked up some 3 spools of bright green for 3 dollars. It's size 1/8. So some time this spring I'll have myself a hand tied shawl.:Angel2
              500 yards for a dollar? what store did you get that at i wonder if we got one round here?
              Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

Comment

on all the work I do I sew because it's much easier and faster and it comes out good.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X