what do u think about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do u think about?

i was just woundering what do u hink about when u dance? cuz wheni dance i dont think a bout anything! and i mean @ all ! lolz! :Angel2 my mind just goes blank! i dont even about my dance moves! cuz if i do that then i do dance as good! lolz! :p

it depends,like when im competeing,i concentrate on my steps,& when i am doing a prayer song (for jingle) i am praying,duh!!!lol
    but if i am doing just an intertrible (sp?) then i am just thinkin about whatever.
    but i try not to think b/c it hurts my head!!!lol,just kidding
    who lives in a pineapple under the sea? man i wish it was me!

Comment

when I first started I used to think really hard on my steps and whether I was on beat. ..but after a while when I fancy I dun think about anything

When I'm hooping I think a little bit more, but not much, THinking isn't too much fun when your dancing. .most of its "Now I do this, and this, Mickey mouse, pick up hoop, globe, eagle. .pick up hoop" which turned into "Spin, spin. .oo dizzy, otherway. ..Hey this is a cool song. ..pretty feathers" Trying to let my mind wander and not concentrate on anything too hard. ..

Looking at some fancy dancers and your like "They're in the zone" Not thinking bout anything, when your in the zone its just you and the drum .. ..

Hoopster

Comment

hmm i concentrate on my dancing... if i was out there thinkin nothing i'd prolly look just stoopid! lol

Comment

I haven't competed or anything, but when i practice at home jingle dancin was really easy for me, and after a while i didn't think, i just went along with the beat of the drum and my daughter and nephew love to see me practicing and they start bouncing on their booties. but my passion is fancy shawl, and man do i get dizzy, so i try to concentrate on doing too many spins at one time, cause i can really get hurt, i already have by falling on my butt. and when i finally get out there, man i will be so nervous, my heart will be racing and i will be thinking, "don't fall, don't slip, don't fall" but if it's outdoors, i guess i won't be thinking , "don't slip" i'll probably be all, "don't bump into any of these girls" but i guess intertribals are a good way of practicing, persay. i see some dancers that have a really straight face, and sweat dripping off their faces and foreheads. i guess it's nice to put in your all, but really you should just have fun. :dancing3:
          If you allow the world to change you, only then can you change the world....

Comment

what do u think about?

well i just think about the things that make me happy in life. it might sound goofy but its seems people dance better when they have good attitudes.
            Last edited by dancing_spirit**; 01-01-2004, 04:21 PM.
            If you feel like you are under control your jus not going fast enough!

Comment

You should always come into the circle with a good heart.

Man, I know this girl and we used to pow wow together but she would do some dumb stuff. She stayed up all night at pow wow (with the aid of no dos) to bead her yoke and trying to get it done for the next day .. .Boy was she cranky and you could tell it by the way she danced, and the next year at the same pow wow She got pissed at well me and some other people for bs reasons and her dancing was horrible that day, and she was mad that she lost her compititions.

When I'm watching fellow fancy dancers I'd rather see them smiling having fun with their friends, even if they screw up a beat or two. Then having them look depressed or angry or concentrating to hard, Because everything thats going on in your head comes out in the way you dance and your facial expressions. . .

Hoopster

Comment

Originally posted by hoopster girl
                You should always come into the circle with a good heart.

When I'm watching fellow fancy dancers I'd rather see them smiling having fun with their friends, even if they screw up a beat or two. Then having them look depressed or angry or concentrating to hard, Because everything thats going on in your head comes out in the way you dance and your facial expressions. . .

Hoopster
                I don't think I have hardly ever seen a dancer smiling, they look like they're too concentrated on what they are doing, and never smiling like they are doing it just for the money, and the majority of the time this is sad but true. I understand that dancers get tired physically, but once in a while when they are dancing it would be nice, like they are enjoying what they are doing. Rarely have I seen a fancy dancer smile, yet they dance so nicely. But it would look better if they did both. :D

Comment

Very true, I was looking through my picture stash, and lots of people smiling, but not while dancing. .Next pow wow I go to, I will take one of me, dancing and smiling just for you. ..

Better yet, I'll take a picture of some one better looking thats smiling for you

Hoopster

Comment

i think about my sister, because she doesn't have her own regalia right now, and she always tells me when i dance think of her and pray for her to get a new regalia...so i always do my best dance moves for my sister.
                    *Stephanie

R.I.P Alex Archie
                    March 12, 1966 to May 7, 2003
                    ***AIDS***
                    Creator Please Help Us Find A Cure..

Comment

smile

I think about the drum if I'm making anyone happy. I'm working on trying to smile while dancing, but it's hard! Cause I can easily lose the beat if I smile. But I do have fun! :)

Comment

Originally posted by hoopster girl
                        Very true, I was looking through my picture stash, and lots of people smiling, but not while dancing. .Next pow wow I go to, I will take one of me, dancing and smiling just for you. ..

Better yet, I'll take a picture of some one better looking thats smiling for you

Hoopster
                        Well a spank you, a spank you very hard. lol just kidding, I meant to say thank you very much. Well I only see the girls smiling when their with their click, and look at everyone else up and down, like "Who the h#$l are you???" and I think that is very rude. I would like to tell some of the dancers, "Wow, I really enjoyed watching you dance, what is your name?" and that way when I am asked who my favorite dancer is I can tell everyone a little about herself, you know what I'm talking about? But then I feel those negative vibrations, and I just keep away, and just watch the others, and learn from their steps, and see how I can incorporate it into making a new step. But certainly I would like for once to see a dancer smile.:D Only if the green face were a different color, but oh well you do what you can do.

Comment

im just like lakotajingledancer i pray because what i have been taught. it is like this when you go in to the circle its like going to church, and if you go to church you know you go there to pray. But then all i know is what the elders of my tribe has taught me.
                          well i hope that helps Charmin

Comment

pray?

You pray while your dancing fancy?
                            wow I've never heard of that before. Or are you a jingle dress dancer? Now I know they are prayer dancers to heal the ill.

Comment

im fancy shawl dancer but really that all i have been taught i know that every thing has a meaning that is important and i guess it just depends on you or the person

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X