How long do you practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do you practice?

What do you guys think would be the recommended time to practice, and how many times during the week? For me, I practice for 4 songs, but not straight through, like I stop and try to think up of new steps, or try to incorporate one step into the other. I do this for about 3 times a week. Would longer practice be better????
    If you allow the world to change you, only then can you change the world....

hey girl i just practice once maybe twice a week but i do untill im give out so i say about an hour or two

Comment

I know I don't practice enough. ..I went to dance a couple songs. ...the next day I felt like somebody beat me up. ..I gots to get in shape. ..

Hoopster
      ooo.. shiny

Comment

hoppster i know how you feel i did that may be once or twice and every time after i take potassium(for cramps in my legs) and may sure i really streach after that i can go for hours with out stopping.

Comment

i am always practising... i always practise... sometimes not physically, but i have a lot of moves that i want to try out that is stored in my mind.. some day i will get to accomplishing those moves but not now. even when i walk down the street i think about new moves that would look pretty sweet... a couple days before every pow-wow i usually try out those moves and try to incorporate those moves with my others.. but never once have i stole other peoples dance moves. i have always thought about my own. i have watched other dancers dance, but i took their moves and i changed it so that it would intertwine with my moves. i always make my moves different from the other dancers. which is probably why a lot of people are starting to notice me a lot more. so for this question, i always practise.
          *Stephanie

R.I.P Alex Archie
          March 12, 1966 to May 7, 2003
          ***AIDS***
          Creator Please Help Us Find A Cure..

Comment

I try to think of new moves during school ..ok so yeah, most of them are with hoops. .but some Fancy ones too! ...esp during math. ..you know the teacher gets sooooo boring, and you got ample supply of paper, to draw and think. ..that and I come up with outfit ideas there too. ..
            ooo.. shiny

Comment

Originally posted by clrezchik_12
              i am always practising... i always practise... sometimes not physically, but i have a lot of moves that i want to try out that is stored in my mind.. some day i will get to accomplishing those moves but not now. even when i walk down the street i think about new moves that would look pretty sweet... a couple days before every pow-wow i usually try out those moves and try to incorporate those moves with my others.. but never once have i stole other peoples dance moves. i have always thought about my own. i have watched other dancers dance, but i took their moves and i changed it so that it would intertwine with my moves. i always make my moves different from the other dancers. which is probably why a lot of people are starting to notice me a lot more. so for this question, i always practise.
              That's how I am too, like I"m at work and I just wanna bust a move but then everyone will look at me like, "What the heck are you doing?" so I practice in my head the majority of the time. Also I don't like to copy anyone either, since I don't like it when people steal my fashionable ideas, I don't think that dancers would like it if I stole their steps. So I also like to incoporate steps with my own. But sometimes you gotta keep the basics but as far as fancy steps I make up my own too. I would love to see you dance, but I promise I won't copy. lol

Comment

Wow! you girls have alot in commeing(sp) with me i do the same but some times i dream about it. like i will dream the step and i start thinking about it then i try it. thats is what i LOVE about fancy shawl.

Comment

Myself, I hit the gym 3 days a week for about 2-2 and a half hours. I spend @ 2 hours on weights,running, and swimming, and then I spend anywhere from 30-45 minutes dancing the fastest songs I can find. I try to dance as many songs straight through as possible so that I can build up endurance for those Iron Woman contest coming out this year!!
                  I always strech at the end of my workout and then when I get home I strech again with my little kids and then when I get up first thing the next morning!!
                  I can tell I'm doing some work because man am I sore the next day but I feel so good I can wait till my next workout!!
                  Before you attempt to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you!

Why do some people bother breathing when you know their brain isn't getting the oxygen?

Comment

Man I will attempt to practice for 2 hours, but when I practice for the 15 minutes, I am dizzy, my legs are quivering, I am sweating, thirsty, and my head is just pounding. Not to mention that my daughter and nephew sometimes get in my way and so I have to stop for a little bit to move away, to take them to the crib. And then the next day I am dying at work because I am on my feet and my legs are sore. Oh, and when I am practicing my feet also hurt cause I like to dance through on my toes. Yeah, and one time I saw and Iron woman contest and man-oh-man, like the girl dancing traditional was going to get more tired than the girl dancing fancy. Yeah, okay. So then they just called it a tie. This girl was dripping in sweat, and the girl dancing traditional was like, "Okay, so what am I going to do tomorrow...." j/k And my side starts to hurt, but I just hold on to it and I just keep on practicing. :dancing3:

Comment

today i almost went on for 2 1/2 hours and now my poor big toes hurt. :Cry

Comment

me i practice monday for 5 hours!:S with a 2 hour brake in there and then tuseday i practice from 8 to 10 so 2hours and then wensday i get off! hehee! then on thursday i teach for about 2 hours so i cant stop dancing ! hehe! and then on friday sat sunday is pow wows! so im a dance maniack!hehehe! but when it comes down to its it keeps my in shape and i can keep up with the fast songs @ the pow wows! hehehe so ya! :24:

Comment

well that is so good, and when i practice for that long my foot starts to hurt, especially the left one. like on the top of my foot, like a muscle sprang, or something, but it hurts, and it's sore. one time my legs were sore for 4 days straight. but i make the sacrifice to practice for a long time. i love dancing.

Comment

i practice for 2 hrs a day now but a couple of years ago i use to practice for 4 hours a day.......its all worth it because my calves are banging!!!!
                            WHEN FACED WITH A CHALLENGE, LOOK FOR A WAY NOT A WAY OUT.
                            Death: The pain passes but the beauty remains.

Comment

I'm afraid to practice in my upstairs apt. I dont want to know what's down stairs. I miss practicing!!! Does dancing at a pow-wow count?:p

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X