Hair...braids or a bun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair...braids or a bun?

I have seen this trend at pow wows of girls wearing thier hair up in a bun instead of having braids and hairties. WHY? Is there any significance to it? Which do you prefer and why?

A BUN HA HA TO CHEAP LOOKING....''LOL

Comment

Never seen that before myself! I prefer braids, as you can wear two hairties instead of none with a bun.... Didn't mean to make that rhyme either:P

Comment

yep u see that alot around here :p
        braids look better .. the bun look makes u look lazy or somethin

Comment

Yeah makez ya look too skanky or somethin. Like I'm here- don't care- give me my money!

Comment

What tribes? Where? Most shawl dancers round here wears braids. Other styles of dancing;girls and women tend to wear 3 styles. (If they have long hair) Girls wear 2 braids (DUH) I mention this cause sometimes you see GUYS in two braids instead of three,(Scalplock) which makes you wonder. Women (married ) usually wear one braid in back with a tie or drop (Sac n Fox, etc) Delaware women and Caddos wear a special hair ornament. It depends on your tribes style, If you don't have a tribe well..... At least go with the kind of clothes your wearing. But modern times... ya know things change. What are you trying to say or do, thats the question. The 3rd style..... Its a beehive of course.
            Last edited by storm; 01-18-2004, 12:37 PM.
            My bark is worse than my bite

Comment

a bun yeah to cheap looking but whats the diffrence on how u were your hair 2 braids or not and u dont have to put your hair a certain way jus to let people know your married c'mon these r the modern dayz and u can were your plumes and feathers how ever u want thats the stupidist thing i have ever heard im married and i dont were my hair a certain way

Comment

Originally posted by JUS ME
                a bun yeah to cheap looking but whats the diffrence on how u were your hair 2 braids or not and u dont have to put your hair a certain way jus to let people know your married c'mon these r the modern dayz and u can were your plumes and feathers how ever u want thats the stupidist thing i have ever heard im married and i dont were my hair a certain way
                Give your head a shake girl Geez! There are many different nations, with many different hair styles and different wayz of dress. Just because you don't ( wear your hair any "special" way) does it mean it's wrong for others to do so:Yell

Comment

Like they say or so I have heard it said, "Ignorance breeds stupidity":Chatter

Comment

Sorry, Jus Me, I apologise for being unclear. I thought that is what I said, modern times and do your own thing. But where does it stop? There are many older women around here who talk, talk ,talk, about the littlest things, like hair. I personally believe, and no one has to agree, that if you maintain traditions, you maintain identity. With so many mixed tribes, and mixed bloods and urban indians, well you can tell by reading these forums, there are some mixed up ideas out there.
                    My bark is worse than my bite

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwoman
                      Like they say or so I have heard it said, "Ignorance breeds stupidity":Chatter
                      and u shut up

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwoman
                        Give your head a shake girl Geez! There are many different nations, with many different hair styles and different wayz of dress. Just because you don't ( wear your hair any "special" way) does it mean it's wrong for others to do so:Yell
                        was i saying i were my hair a special way no

Comment

this is what I've seen here in ontario. I know one person in particular who stopped wearing braids...i think to show off her beaded vest...

...now that I think of it you're right. It is lazy. It's like...a bit concieted too i guess...wanting to show off that her vest if totally beaded....

although if i had a beaded vest i'd show it off...but not to the point of not getting fully dressed.

Comment

Comment

my hair isn't long to have in braids or in a bun. its long enough to do french braiding and pin up in the back.
                              Bahnisiain

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X