what do you use???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you use???

what kind of material do you guys use to bead on?
    :Heart luv, peace, and hair grease :Heart

~Tweety~

I'LL HOLLA!!!!!!!!

i use baby batting, then, i wonder under graph paper on top, draw my design and start beading!!
    ~*~ FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TAKE HOME UGLY SNAGS ~*~

Comment

I like the baby batting too. Water proof, sturdy and doesnt fray. Can be costly by the yard if your working on a very large project.
      Of course leather. I do buy the white batting? Geez I forgot what it's called. The thickest,stiffest they have at JoAnn fabrics. Umm, it's what is used inside the men's button up shirt collars.
      Yah, can some one help me to remember what that is called?:Thinking

Comment

I use upholstery vinyl. I usually buy it at wal-mart.
        Last edited by acgal; 01-29-2004, 12:52 PM.
        :huddle: Learn to associate with the white man, learn his ways, get an education. With an education, you are his equal; without it, you are his victim. - Chief Plenty Coups, Crow

Comment

Originally posted by acgal
          I use upholstery vinyl. I usually buy it at wal-mart.
          I'm game, I'll have to go to Wally-world and go get some upholstery vinyl. Do you get it in any certain color?

Comment

I also use that baby sheet stuff...lol no idea what it is called, have to go to the states to get it. Also for larger pieces cape/yoke and leggings I use a doubled canvas it stays nice and stiff to bead on and it doesnt fray like regular canvas...i dont know if they get that in the states or just up here in canada.
            aLWAys KEep yOUr werds SOFT AN sweET, jUST iN cASE U HAFTA eat THEM...

Comment

Hey.... A few years ago I went to a pow-wow in Merit. Great pow-wow by the way. And some people were telling us to go to Walmart and get this colored fringe that they use on their grass dance and northern cloth applique dresses. We looked and never found it. I just dont know what it was called. Do you know what I'm talking about...

Comment

I have been to a couple powwows in Merritt, but Im not sure what kinda fringe you are talking about...do you mean the fringe they used to use in like the 70' and 80's on shawls and stuff? Like old syle fringe (kinda stringy stuff?) If not then Im not sure what it is u mean...hmmmm, Im making my sonz 2nd grass outfit and I am using yarn and ribbon. ANd being ndn and all I shop at wal mart alot...lmao...so explain a little better and I could take a look for you next time I stop by walmart...probably soon...lol. ne way b well.
                aLWAys KEep yOUr werds SOFT AN sweET, jUST iN cASE U HAFTA eat THEM...

Comment

I like extra-heavy weight Pellon and canvas.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/purplemartins/

Comment

k i dont know if this is the kind u r talkin about but theres this fringe well not really a fringe but its called salvedge i think thats how u spell it and it comes in diffrent colors its not really around anymore hardley see it jus somtimes its there it is silky and it is hmm how can i explaine k u know how yarn is spun around in to a ball well thats how the fringe is it is spun around like a ball to and they sell it at walmart this stuff is used 4 braided rugs i dunno if u ever seen those kind of rugs and yeah lol its silky and when u make a shawl it makes the shawl heavy especially if the fringe is long well i hope i helped lol

Comment

I like to bead on that crib sheeting or on some canvas that has like a plastic sprayed on (makes is nice and sturdy). Gotta honestly say that I've never beaded anything on leather though.

Comment

Thank you siksika_sunshine and JUS ME. I think JUS ME explained it better than me. But yes I heard it was for braiding rugs etc. and they only have it once in awhile.
                        Years ago my friend did a applique Northern style womans tradish. For the long fringe she used some thing she got in in BC at Walmart. She hasnt been back up in years. In fact the last time was for Merritt. In 99?
                        How much does it cost?

Comment

i know what jus me is talkin about it cost about 2 somthing a ball
                          its not that much. about 2 balls of that stuff will be good 4 your fringe on the shawl k bye bye

Comment

crib sheeting, canvas, and fun foam
                            Don't ever stop dancing

Comment

FUN FOAM, I DIDNT KNOW U CAN USE THAT WELL THE BEADWORK MUST FALL APART LMAO DONT MEAN 2 SOUND MEAN BUT FUN FOAM LOL
                              Last edited by missy; 02-05-2004, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X