shawl measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shawl measurements

What measurements do you use when making a shawl?

How big is the acutal shawl?
    How long is your fringe??
    ~*~ FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TAKE HOME UGLY SNAGS ~*~

When you go to the fabric store, I just pick out my fabric. Then take some off the bolt. Hold one end, wrap it around you like a shawl. I get some weird looks some times...:Eyebrows Lol. Oh well. Then I just hold the spot, show the lady how much I want. Round it up to the nearest 1/2 yard. You'll have extra.
    As far as how long the shawl should be....well I think mine is 1/2 way on the back of my thigh. I have long fringe. The fringe goes about to my ankle. Just dont have it to long, that's how some embarassing moment happen tripping on your own fringe. :Blush
    I dont like the look of a shawl that is so long and short fringe. You start to look like your burried in your shawl.
    Or a shawl that looks like you borrowed it from your little sister. To short of a shawl ( like at your waist ).
    It helps to have a full length mirror.
    There's lots of great pic on www.gatheringofnations.com

Comment

well you're arm span or whatever from fingertip to fingertip is the same as your height...so i always make my shawls 5 feet long :)
      and usually mid thigh for width...with looooong ribbon.

Comment

You would measure it buy your arms length like putting both your arms straight out and cut the material at that arms lenth you have or make it a little longer.
        My ribbons are about 16 inches long from the shawl to the ground.
        undefinedundefinedundefined~*[email protected]~*[email protected]!N3TT3~*~J0HN$0N~*~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X