Older dancers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older dancers

As you know, shawl dancing requires lots of agility and endurance. It takes a ton of work to do well in this style and that all just gets harder as you get older. Those Fancy ladies who are still hopping and skipping around the arena and are older than 40 have my admiration.

How many shawl dancers do you know that are 40 and over? I'm not talking about those who do a once-a-year special. I'm talking about those young-at-heart ladies who dance fancy all the time. Let's hear it for the girls!!

These ladies are my heroes!! They can still tear it up and teach us younger ladies a thing or two!!

Irene Oakes
    Gracie Her Many Horses
    Lillian Goodeagle

Comment

You HAVE to mention one of the greatest fancy shawl dancers ever.....come on...... Grace Her Many Horses. She's over 40 and runs like all of the time and still JAMS. She's bad!!!
      It does not require many words to speak the truth.
      Chief Joseph

Comment

Gracie Her Many Horses
        Lillian Goodeagle
        Irene Oaks

THey can still Jam.
        Get up and get out!

Comment

Ramona Roach
          I saw her once, and tought WOW
          have to say Ramona
          Well will wonders never cease.....

Comment

Ramona was my "idol" growing up. She was so innovative with her dancing and always had the best outfits. I haven't seen her dance in a while but I don't doubt that she is still kicking it !

And Gracies still jams - she is unstoppable. She hasn't slowed down one bit.

Comment

What about Brenda Silva - granted she is early 40's, but she hasn't let up in 20 years!!! Still jamming!!!
              Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

If she is 40 yet - but if not, she'll be there soon - still looking great tho!!!
                Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

Grace Her Many Horses

Grace Her Many Horses rules. Awesome. The best for her age, and better that most that are younger.

Comment

I have to agree with Smokin' Ace...Brenda is still awesome!! She is really graceful and can jam!! Big ups to her!!

Kim
                    TARHEEL BORN, TARHEEL BRED, WHEN I DIE I'LL BE TARHEEL DEAD!

MizzQaqimat's Space

Comment

older dancers

hey youz guyz, this is fancyfingers, thanks for the comps.... anyways im real close to that #, its hard to give it up, luv it to much, gonna try to hang as long as i can, i use to say when my daughter getss in comp. ill retire, but as you all can see that didnt happen, maybe my grand daughter, ha ha, ha
                      Sallie D

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X