Need new ideas.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new ideas.......

I'm working on some outfits to give to some young teen girls who want to dance fancy. I have their colours - and all the fabric....but I've been stumped lately...anybody with ideas where I can go to get design/motif ideas? These young girls are just coming back - they were lost mocs....and so I feel it's important to start them off somewhere...but, they don't know what they want on their outfits. Can anyone help? (I'm not looking to 'copy' a design - I'm just looking for ideas to motivate me...) Enaabigas? Please?
    Kicpin bontoyeg kidaatsokanaan, kigaa onikemin kaa-ijibiikikinaamaagoyeg!

This website actually has a lot of photos of fancy shawl dancers. Get them to browse thru and ideas will pop up for you. Good luck! :indian1:

Comment

Hope im not to late

you mite be done already but ill share what i do since the girls know you are sewing for them sit them down and see what they mite like I find that the wearer mite be more in to the project if they can share some in put ,now that only works if the person knows you are doing something for them what I mean by that is ive been known to sew/bead for people who dont know about it wich at times makes it hard to figure out what exactly im going to do. My little ones cant wait to put on their outfits when they know they helped create them, but look at pics see what the in thing is and have fun with it.
      I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• ashlalee_tsoh
        Curious. . .
        by ashlalee_tsoh
        So, I am a Native teen originally from Utah and am involved with a lot of programs to help other troubled and/or non-troubled native teens/students. I've been part of this team called The Standing Tall Team. It involves 10 students from the same area that we are trying to help. The team was organized...
        06-24-2005, 12:47 PM
      • badmaninc
        What would you do HELP
        by badmaninc
        Hey dudes, I need some advice. I coach lacrosse with a bunch of 17-18 year old boys. Anyway, I have a moral dilemma. I have watched 5 of my players get into fights during the box season this year. None of them can fight their way out of a paper bag. My problem is that for the most part, they are...
        06-18-2009, 01:47 PM
      • OLChemist
        S'mores
        by OLChemist
        OK, who doesn't know the recipe for s'mores? Hersey bar, graham crackers, marshmallow, stick, fire, and a few mosquitoes.... But, as I just discovered from the ad on this page, some folks need a kit. Amazon can sell you one, for just $29.99. Complete with step by step instructions on the website:...
        10-13-2015, 11:17 PM
      • ~pathwalker~
        Parenting Skills
        by ~pathwalker~
        Why do some people have such a hard time raising their children. Im talking about these little children that cuss and scream and hit their parents. I mean at that age they should not be out of control yet. Like on those Nanny shows.
        If you have any parenting advice to share on children teens...
        08-14-2005, 05:37 PM
      • LizBrokenArrow
        Maybe a stupid question but asking anyway...
        by LizBrokenArrow
        Okay, so, my question is: Why do a lot of gringos claim to be Native American? They tell everyone that they are and where it like a badge of honor. For those who don't know what gringos are, they're Caucasian people (pale white skin, some blonde, blue, green or hazel eyes).

So I ask
        02-07-2018, 05:10 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X