covering for fan handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• covering for fan handle

I have a fan thats never been used and I want to start dancing w/ it, but the only thing is.....I need to cover the handle up w/ something. Is there anything else I can use besides leather?????:)
    V.W

This is what I did, I put some crib batting, then sewed some satin around it. Looked nice:)

Try leather, then peyote stitch around it, bead the handle, but you have done that right?

Well that's all folks

Comment

you can definitely put cloth around the handle, but leather looks better!! :)
      I concur with Riverwoman2000, peyote sure looks nice!
      hope we'll see the result
      :D
      see ya
      Join my FB page:
      https://www.facebook.com/#!/NatamBeadwork

Live each and every day of your life as though it would be your last!

Comment

Where can I get leather from? I had some a while back but ran out. And that was given to us by a friend. :)
        V.W

Comment

vicki you can get leather or bucksin from Crazy Crow trading post, tandy's leather company, or at any pow-wow with one of the suppliers that set up a boothe!!!
          :Heart"If you love something, let it go; if it comes back to you it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was!!!! *DMX* :Heart

:stooges: If you don't stand for something; you'll fall for anything! :stooges:

Comment

Ok....I was looking in a old powwow calendar we have and I came across a picture of a jingle dress dancer holding her fan and its hard to tell what the handle of the fan is decorated w/. It kinda looks like that color tape that you can use to put on the stems of your feathers. I hope no one is getting confused.

I also was looking at pictures here on the net from the Bear Soldier Wacipi and I came across a jingle dress dancer holding a fan that had a handle decorated w/ several colors in it.....resembling the color tape. I know.....I'm confusing myself even. lol But if anyone can tell me what I seen on those fan handles...then I'd really appreciate it. Here's the address to the site that I seen the one fan on. Its the fourth picture on the 1st row of pics all the way at the top of the jingle dress dancer in the pink dress w/ green beadwork holding her fan up.

http://www.othersideimages.com/wacipi.htm

I'm gonna go look for leather this weekend at a powwow just incase.
            V.W

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X