Cool Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Stuff

Have you ever seen anything on a Jingle Dress that was cool, or at least unusual?

I saw this one woman at Little Elk's powwow this summer who had copper jingles. I thought that cool. :D
    "If dancing were any easier it would be called football."

Anonymous

at schemitzun this year i saw a teen jingle that had two jingles sewed right next to eachother then a gap then the next two instead of having single cones. i thought that was cool...
    How u gonna act like my shawl dont bling? How u gonna act like my fringe dont swing?

Comment

RE: unusual

Saw this girl w/cowrie shells on top of the dress, but the bottom had rows of jingles..it was different. It didn't really go well..my opinion but it was different.
      "I don't know why you never tried to tell me I was the one for you, I'm telling you my love is true and you're the only one for me -NC

I'm not crazy I'm jus a little impaired I know right now you don't care but soon enough you're gonna think of me and how I used to be I'm not crazy jus a little unwell...-matchbox 20

Comment

Originally posted by Ceapha_0919
        at schemitzun this year i saw a teen jingle that had two jingles sewed right next to eachother then a gap then the next two instead of having single cones. i thought that was cool...
        i was just thinking of trying this too! *snaps* lol .. just to see how it would look :p

Comment

Originally posted by Anishinaabe_Kwezanz
          Have you ever seen anything on a Jingle Dress that was cool, or at least unusual?

I saw this one woman at Little Elk's powwow this summer who had copper jingles. I thought that cool. :D
          Good thread, Kwezanz!!

She was instructed to use copper for her jingles. ;) They're pretty!
          Last edited by ojibwaysweetie; 09-17-2004, 10:53 AM.
          "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Have you guys seen Willow Jack's newest dress? She had shells and dintillian's (however you spell that) on her cape. It looks really cool. Kind of got an old style twist to it. :Thumbs

Then I seen this a few times but I thought it was kind of weird and unusual. This girl had a dress like a traditional with long ribbions off the arms like buckskin fringe it was a T shaped dress like a women's cloth dress but it had jingle's on it. There was another one I seen where this lady had yarn on it like a grassdancers then she had jingles. They weren't that cool lookin... :dontknow:

Comment

Originally posted by Ceapha_0919
              I think you're referring to Dabney Morin from Big River, SK, she got 4th. :D She dances in this area so I've seen her dresses before. They're pretty. :Thumbs She's also a very good dancer! ;)

Originally posted by 49in_ndn
              Have you guys seen Willow Jack's newest dress? She had shells and dintillian's (however you spell that) on her cape. It looks really cool. Kind of got an old style twist to it.
              You mean the red dress? I saw it @ Kamloops and it stood out. :Thumbs She won 1st too, congrats to her! :)

But back to the initial question... I've always admired my friend Tahnee Williams's dresses. :D They're so pretty and unique. The color schemes are always well thought out, no overkill on the bright stuff.
              Hockey is soul food.

Comment

there's this one dress from a gal of the nakoda nation ... it had a girl named Shanda in it ... I thought that was awesome!! :rofl2: jk

no doubt, Tahnee's dresses are bad arse!! I've seen like 2 other people with the same style but they can't pull the look or the style off like she does :D way 2 go, cuz!

I like Willow's dresses, they're very detailed and beautiful. All the work put into 'em shows she's got a lot of respect for what she does :)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.