Jingle Dress Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jingle Dress Dreams

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum, I just wanted to ask all you Jingle Dress Dancer how many of you had a dream about your dress before you even danced or considered dancing the Jingle Dress Dance? I have had a dream about mine and I was wondering what everyone else was, I am not a dancer, yet, but I am starting to look into it, ever since I had my dream.

I to have had dreams, I would be dancing in my dress, and would only be dancing with one foot! The other foot woud not be working, so go figure:O

Comment

I didn't have a dream before I started working on my jingle dress.
      BUT I had one inbetween!
      After started working on the dress I was wondering how to decorate the upper front part of the dress. At that point I knew what the skirt should look like, but for the rest I had no ideas.
      Then I dreamt of what it should look like.
      :D
      Join my FB page:
      https://www.facebook.com/#!/NatamBeadwork

Live each and every day of your life as though it would be your last!

Comment

jingle dress dream

I never asked my grand daughter if she had a jingle dress dream, but the first time she saw a jingle dress, she wanted one. She doesn`t do any other catagory, just jingle. I and others have asked her if she would like to dance something else, and she always says "I love Jingle" Also, I always feel happy, serene, peaceful, while making a jingle outfit, so she at one time had nine outfits! I think it really is for healing, my mother and sister and myself were nurses, and maybe thats her way of healing.
        chemika

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• lakota_eyez
          Jingle Dress History
          by lakota_eyez
          well I'm looking for someone an ojibway who knows the ceramony of a jingle dress. I jingle dress dance but and I started out long time ago and from what I've been told there is a cermony that needs to be done in order to dance jingle??
          and I didn't do it right I just slap on a jingle dress cause...
          07-20-2006, 09:18 PM
        • nativ_5_o
          unfit jingle dress
          by nativ_5_o
          my daughter cheyenne was jingle dancing for awhile, someone hurt her feelings really bad at a powwow and she never felt the same about dancing. An elder yanked her out of the arena and took her off to the side and told her that she and her family were disrespecting the dance and that her dress was...
          05-02-2003, 03:01 PM
        • turtleclaninc
          jingle dress
          by turtleclaninc
          Sekoh Orye
          Skennen Kowa
          Hello friend Great peace to you
          i was trying to find a jingle dancer to talk to about my grand-Daughter
          Please excuse me i am lost here on first day i guess ill start at the begining i am a northern traditional dancer my Daughters all grew up dancing...
          12-12-2005, 09:10 AM
        • dazed_kiowa
          New Dancer
          by dazed_kiowa
          Hello I just started gettin interested in dancing jingle and im 14. I never dance n e other dress before so im new. My bestfriend dances Jingle and she wants me to start so she has been teaching me. We are going to make my dress, we already have it desinged, but I was wondering if you guys could give...
          05-09-2003, 08:34 PM
        • }!{ tinkerbell }!{
          Nice Jingle Dresses
          by }!{ tinkerbell }!{
          Hey there! I just wanted to ask who you all thought has some pretty jingle dresses...

I think these ladies have some really pretty jingle dresses

Yvette Ewalk
          Della Big Hair-Stump
          Rowena Roberts
          Cepa Two Eagles
          Dorothy CrowFeather
          :24...
          06-10-2002, 05:29 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X