Jingles and Timing of placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jibbyâ„¢
    Jibz Vent...
    by Jibbyâ„¢
    Does anyone actually go through the proper channels anymore to be a Jingle dancer???:Yell Or do girls just one day decide that they are going to make themselves a dress and start dancing?

This irriatates me on a next level, because this dress originate's from my tribe. I am OJIBWE and...
    11-13-2003, 09:00 AM
  • ojibwakwe
    Marriage in a Jingle dress??
    by ojibwakwe
    Boozhoo Everyone!!!! I have a question that I would like some HONEST opinion on. I am getting married soon to a Kiowa man. In the past few weeks, we have been discussing our wedding. One of the things that have come up was what we are going to wear(we are very simple people....not into the whole 10,000...
    04-01-2011, 12:11 PM
  • WhoMe
    Rights to Jingle?
    by WhoMe
    If someone makes and sells a jingle dress, are they also giving the right for the buyer - to wear and dance in that dress?

If you buy a jingle dress, do you automatically have the right to jingle dress dance?

What if the dress maker is not Anishinabe Kwe?

10-06-2005, 09:44 AM
  • dancingwater
    Dress ideas - Modifying Pattern
    by dancingwater
    Ok, I have alot of questions and I hope maybe someone can help me, since I am not the best seamstress out there. This is my first attempt at a jingle dress.

I have the Jingle dress pattern from Crazy Crow. As I have can count on one finger how many Jingle dresses I've seen at powwows...
    09-24-2002, 12:58 PM
  • cherokeemom06
    Tiny Tot Jinglers
    by cherokeemom06
    We got into a discussion at a powwow I was at a few weeks ago and it got me to thinking, what is your opinion on little girls jingle dancing? As in, way too young to understand the responsibilities and the power of the dress and it's medicine. My daughter is three and dances fancy shawl (well sort of!...
    09-10-2008, 03:02 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X