hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

First I would like to say hello to all who are reading this post. I have a few very important questions to ask. I mean no disrespect to anyone and if I do so I apologize ahead of time. I dance southern cloth the way I have been taught from my mother and grandmother. A couple of week s ago I had a dream in which I was dancing jingle. Growing up around powwows I'm not unfamiliar with this type of dance. I remember every detail of this dream (footwork, dress, and most important the happiness I felt while dancing). I know that jingle dresses are very sacred and should be respected. What I am wondering is this : Does the dream mean I should dance jingle? Do I even have the right to since I am not Anishinabe? I know there are certain ceremonies that one must do before wearing this dress. In my dream the dress I am wearing is not very fancy but rather plain and where I'm dancing is not at a powwow. Does this mean I am not meant to dance jingle in powwows? If it is meant for me to dance jingle who will I learn from what I need to know about the dance and ceremonies? I am Pawnee and live in southern Louisiana. I have no Anishinabe friends to ask so I was wondering if anyone here could help me. If it is meant for me to dance I need someone who will help me learn. Again I mean no disrespect. It's just that every night since then this dream has come to me. And I am very confused.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X