How do you construct YOUR dress??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you construct YOUR dress??

I was just wondering how do you construct your dress. What I mean by this is, if you use satin do you line it? What other materials do you use for dresses besides poplin, cotton, satin, velvet etc,. I am all about experimenting!
    Life is more than what we see...

I've done satin ones lined and unlined. When you line one, it seems to make it fit tighter, so allow for extra room. It's way easier unlined, but I made a white satin one once that NEEDED the lining. Kinda see - through.

ANY kind of fabric will work unless it's real flimsy like lame' or something sheer. With these a fast way to "line" it, is to use Wonder Under to attach the flimsy stuff to something that will hold up better.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

i sometimes use crushed velvet, stiff broadcloth, brocades, canvas for beading, or that garbardine stuff is good too.

Comment

there was this one dress that i made from curtain material...my mom did the same thing, that was before the garbardine stuff was popular lol felt like scarlette ohara lmao but got lots of compliments :D
        There can only be 2 moccasins on your feet at one time...however life has given me many pair...along with a needle, thread and really sharp teeth to cut with...lmao

http://www.myspace.com/anty_tweeb

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
          I've done satin ones lined and unlined. When you line one, it seems to make it fit tighter, so allow for extra room. It's way easier unlined, but I made a white satin one once that NEEDED the lining. Kinda see - through.

ANY kind of fabric will work unless it's real flimsy like lame' or something sheer. With these a fast way to "line" it, is to use Wonder Under to attach the flimsy stuff to something that will hold up better.
          i read your answer on fabric. I am using pink cotton and i didn't line it. It is just one dress. i don't want a apron with ties. i just don't care for that style. can i sew the jingles straight on the dress ? will the dress be stong enough? does the underdress look like the top dress? will i need a underdress? don't quit understand what an underdress is for? i just need to know before i go on making my dress. i do plan on making a cape with jingles hanging on the ends. i want to dance traditonal jingle. you did answer my question about making the cape. i just want to say thank u alot. you have been so helpful.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X